BOLENS MODEL 18311 SNOW THROWER MANUAL

/ BOLENS MODEL 18311 SNOW THROWER MANUAL #11  
The driveshaft yoke has a sleeve (in my case it's aluminum colored) 'bout 1/2" or so wide around the end that goes over the output shaft on the tractor. This sleeve is....off center for lack of a better description, to remove the yoke from the output shaft you push this sleeve toward the center of the shaft and pull the yoke off.
To give you a idea of what you're trying to accomplish, look at the rear output shaft, you'll see a groove cut around the circumference of the splines, this is what the sleeve slips into to prevent it coming off. The sleeve will only push one way so you'll have to work around till you fine the right direction......Mike

/ BOLENS MODEL 18311 SNOW THROWER MANUAL #12  
Hello Mike I found the round piece to release the driveshaft but cant get it to together far enough to clear the spline. I even loosed up the other end trying to get enough cleance.You have any more advice

/ BOLENS MODEL 18311 SNOW THROWER MANUAL #13  
I found the silver ring ,got it pushed in and slide the driveshaft together but I need a little more room to clear the spline. You have another idea on what I might do

/ BOLENS MODEL 18311 SNOW THROWER MANUAL #14  
Might be easier all 'round if you take the blower off and get it outa the way.....Mike

/ BOLENS MODEL 18311 SNOW THROWER MANUAL #15  
Thanks but i got it off by jacking up the tractor and it gave me the room I needed. Thanks for all the help you gave me.

/ BOLENS MODEL 18311 SNOW THROWER MANUAL #16  
I just bought one on E-bay for under 6.00 including shipping