Bommer Sevice Manuals...OUCH!!!

/ Bommer Sevice Manuals...OUCH!!! #1  

PBMAX

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC21D
Hey Boomers,I called and ordered a service manual today for my (OUR) TC21D. OUCH /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif!!! It was $146.70 including tax and shipping.The Manual is $130.00. I aked the lady if it came in 24k gold print bound in gold thread.She laughed and said yep it even comes with a cold plated page marker.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif...Any way asked about the parts book too and she said there isn't one printed yet for the TC21 only the 25 and 33.They run about 30 to 50 bucks.Much better price...Course for $130 bucks you would think the service manual had parts book included.Any way I figured since the tractor will be here longer than I probably will. Some were down the road, some one will be glad I shucked out for it.Maybe once I get my house built I'll set my scanner up and scan the darn thing incase the book gets damged I'll have a way to print another myself. Ahhh well it should be here in 10 days max. Once I look through it, I'll let ya'll know if it was worth it. Odds are it probably is...

P.S. If any one is interested her is the # to New Holland.

1-800-635-4913

Lil' Paul
Proud new owner of TC21D
Laziness is the Father of invention.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Bommer Sevice Manuals...OUCH!!! #2  
Yea Paul, unfortunately that kind of price tag is common with books of any kind that are printed in limited numbers. The cost of printing and publishing is passed on to fewer people. I think it was a good idea, and will be of some use. After you get it and look it over be sure to write us a review.
Ernie

/ Bommer Sevice Manuals...OUCH!!! #3  
Paul: I did this about a month ago. Another way to ease the pain is to check out the price of any decent textbook these days. Can't get one under $100. In my case, I ordered it on Tuesday and it was in my house Thursday (I did not expedite). I was quite confused by the two boxes it came in! The small box has the 5 volumes of the manual (about 3" worth) and the large box was a binder. Only time will tell if it's truly worth it but I've had no regrets.

/ Bommer Sevice Manuals...OUCH!!!
Forgive the Spelling on this one fellas.I know being from Ala-Bam I'm not supposed to beable to spell but yeeeesh! A little misspelling for fun is one thing, but here I just had my head in the dirt. I guess I need to slow down a bit...and proof read a bit more.Course I used to be able to go back later and fix it...This time I waited to long... Maybe the new loader that came in yesterday can dig it out this weekend...See ya'll when I get the dirt out of my eyes.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Lil' Paul
Proud new owner of TC21D

/ Bommer Sevice Manuals...OUCH!!!
Hey all, I got the service manuals.They cover the TC18,TC21,and the TC21D.Like someone mentioned it came as 5 different books with a nice blue ring-binder with New Holland on it.Nice set to, even gives you a written walk through of the eletrical with each main circuit drawn out separately. I do wish the main electrical drawing was at least 2 pages.O'well guess I'll have to bring it to work and inlarge it on the old copier.

Lil' Paul
Proud new owner of TC21D

/ Bommer Sevice Manuals...OUCH!!! #6  
Paul,

Now I know who to contact in 30 years or so when I need to reference the TC18 details! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

By then, I'll probably be able to beam you up here from Bama with the manuals and all!

Glad you got a quality product from a quality producer.

Hey, I saw a TC18 last weekend at my dealers with a front end loader and R4 tires...the new color too! Looked impressive. I'll just keep on using my rear scoop, a.k.a. "poor man's loader"! Besides, if I ever wanted a front end loader, I don't have power steering so I'd have the excuse to move up to the TC__D?!

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!