BOOMER TZ22da

/ BOOMER TZ22da #1  

expedoman55

Bronze Member
Hey guys, Last week while snowblowing in -33 windchill weather.. my boomer started coughing and hacking and died after a quick rough no power idle. would start and quit.. I pulled it into my heated 50 degree garage and after a warm up all is well again.. I presumed the fuel jelled or there is water somewhere in my system that froze. I have used diesel heat / lubricity additive however..... that said I also had replaced the rear filter at tank last fall so that is new. Is there a water trap or someway to find out if there is water in my system?

/ BOOMER TZ22da #2  
I am sure it is like my TZ18 so there are two fuel filters. The one behind the tire, and one located on the side of the engine. The one on the engine also separates water.

Last edited:
   / BOOMER TZ22da
thanks marc Does the one in the engine compartment need to be drained? It has been fine since then but don't want to push my luck.. it is still very much winter in upstate NY.

/ BOOMER TZ22da #4  
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. It says in the book that it needs to be drained every 100hrs. If you have the owners manual it tells you how to do it and bleed the system afterward.