boomlift mounted on tractor

/ boomlift mounted on tractor #1  

92b16si

Bronze Member
Hey guys need some advise. I can get a cheap boom off an old phone/cable truck and wanted to modify it and mount it kn back of my tractor,to use as a pruning tower. Something like this. How hard can this be or were do I start can I use the tractors hydraulics?
Something like this. http://www.vertikal.net/typo3temp/pics/0_873be34f63.jpg

/ boomlift mounted on tractor #2  
I would buy the whole unit, truck and lift before trying to mount a lift on a tractor. A lot of engineering goes into bucket trucks to ensure that the unit is stable. Rolling over my tractor would cost more than what would be saved by not buying the used truck the lift was designed for.
Cam

/ boomlift mounted on tractor
Truck is no good and needs 4x4 to get to my orchard.

/ boomlift mounted on tractor #4  
How big is your tractor and how big is the boom,,???

/ boomlift mounted on tractor #5  
   / boomlift mounted on tractor #6  
I would buy the whole unit, truck and lift before trying to mount a lift on a tractor. A lot of engineering goes into bucket trucks to ensure that the unit is stable. Rolling over my tractor would cost more than what would be saved by not buying the used truck the lift was designed for.
Cam
Yep. The posted picture shows a tractor with 4 outriggers to lift it up off the ground. Not exactly something that connects to the 3 point...

Aaron Z

/ boomlift mounted on tractor
Yeah picture was for reference. Tractor its a nh tn75s an older ford 5500 or a 89hp john deere. Its a small boom like the ones they mount on vans those straight type. Dont need a huge boom. And I dont want to to move side to side just straight up and down maybe a slight movement to the left or right maybe 5 degrees to each side. Ill post picks later.

/ boomlift mounted on tractor #8  
I would buy the whole unit, truck and lift before trying to mount a lift on a tractor. A lot of engineering goes into bucket trucks to ensure that the unit is stable. Rolling over my tractor would cost more than what would be saved by not buying the used truck the lift was designed for. Cam

X3

Terry

/ boomlift mounted on tractor #9  
It wouldn't be hard if you can power it from your rear remotes. I'd defintely make a manual crank down outrigger system for all 4 corners. Get someone to calculate how far the outriggers need to extend to prevent a rollover and design accordingly. Only use it on relatively flat ground and make sure you test it by swing it around fully extended at ground level first. You can do it.

/ boomlift mounted on tractor #10  
i have a 3.5 meter truss extension to my loader, with a bucket on the far end. It gets to about 8 meters, any branch that hangs lower than the roadlegal height of 4 meter can be dropped as a whole by sawing it off at the stem.