Boots

/ Boots #11  
I have worn several different types of boots and think the RedWings are the best. I have 2 pair by the door and 2 new pair in the closet all steel toed. I've tried Dunhams and Lehighs and to many other types also, I always go back to the RedWings.
As for oiling boots I use the RedWing oil. I've also used a brand called Shoe saver, both are real good. My work boots that I wear every day I've never oiled them but most of the time they get a good soaking of hydraulic fluid from work and they have lasted for for almost seven years. I just bought a pair of the safety toe that are a plastic composite all ANSI approved very comfortable boot of course all RedWings are real comfortable.

Solo

/ Boots #12  
I wouldn't pay that much either, but I do like good stuff. If you know somebody that sells mason shoes, they have an all leather non insulated steel toe with a Vibram sole and high traction lugs. For about half that price. No, its not what you described but If I was going to stand in water I would wear all rubber boots and my feet stay warm as long as they are moving.