BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers

/ BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers #1  

JME81

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610HSDC
Rear spacers for LX2610 from the dealer are $465, from Bora (steel) it's $195. What's the difference? Width is the same, will I have any warranty issues from Kubota if I used Bora?

/ BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers #2  
Rear spacers for LX2610 from the dealer are $465, from Bora (steel) it's $195. What's the difference? Width is the same, will I have any warranty issues from Kubota if I used Bora?

Nope, and any dealer that would try to claim otherwise is being disingenuous, and trying to sell you on the more expensive Kubota spacers.

There should be no practical difference between the Kubota and Bora spacers, and Bora has been quite well regarded in the subcompact/compact tractor community.

/ BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers #3  
I agree. Bought Bora myself. 100% good. But I got 6" each side spacers and they were a lot more than $195.

/ BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers
6" spacers? Wow! I have a couple of questions:
  1. Is 2" sufficient for basic tractor work? I'm not working on slops, just in fields and trails with some ruts.
  2. They don't state the differences in aluminum and the steel. Assuming the steel is stronger?
  3. Do I need front spacers as well?

Edit: I have turf tires

/ BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers #5  
6" spacers? Wow! I have a couple of questions:
  1. Is 2" sufficient for basic tractor work? I'm not working on slops, just in fields and trails with some ruts.
  2. They don't state the differences in aluminum and the steel. Assuming the steel is stronger?
  3. Do I need front spacers as well?

Edit: I have turf tires
Well, your working circumstances and slopes are what you need to deal with. I bought mine because my B2150 Kubota was not safe going sideways across a 45% slope and I either got the rear wheels out wider or did not use it on those slopes.

It is not that I need to run sideways on real steep slopes but I DO NEED to be comfortable and feel I have a good margin for error. Among all mfrs Kubota is the worst about lacking rear wheel spacing and the smaller ones have no adjustment options. Just look at all their models on dealer lots.

My B2150 that I added spacers on has turf tires too. That in itself is not great for steep slope work but I am selective where and when I use that tractor. I also use it for midmount grass mowing (and had to modify the mower to clear the wider tire configuration.)

Every inch of greater rear wheel spacing adds stability on slopes. How much you need to add (if any) is a judgment call.

There should not be any "warrantee" issues. Many Kubota dealers sell rear wheel spacers and friends of mine have an L3400 with dealer installed 6" steel spacers specifically because they were uncomfortable on steep ground with it until they added the spacers. Same friends have an M6040 Kubota with 6" spacers that are solid aluminum so they have a set of each type. None of us have had any spacer problems. I installed my own and they had theirs done by the dealer.

Strength is really not an issue. My friends steel spacers are made of 2 round plates with tubing in between. My aluminum spacers are solid billets of machine aluminum. Neither one has any strength concerns. The main competitive experienced companies in this business know what they are doing.

Hell no (sorry) you do not need front spacers ! Unless you have some peculiar crop clearance issue or some such. Your front axle is pivoted in the middle and is not going to prevent tip-over in practical circumstances no matter how wide it is.

Last edited:
   / BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers
I'm leaning towards 2.5". It's difficult to determine how much I need. I appreciate your prior post.

/ BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers #7  
I'm leaning towards 2.5". It's difficult to determine how much I need. I appreciate your prior post.
I don't think 2.5" is going to give you a lot of increased confidence. I bought 2" ones from Bora. They look like pieces of jewelry - really nice and perfect fit. But I've wised many times I gone ahead and bought 4" ones even though I don't use the tractor on my 30* dam banks. The 4" instill much more confidence.

/ BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers #8  
Bora makes great spacers! I wouldn’t even consider the Kubota option. One thing to consider when going with the steel Bora spacers is that you’ll need to prep and paint before installation.

Mike

/ BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers #9  
I went with 3" Bro-Tek spacers. I work on hilly terrain also and wanted a little more insurance as my pucker factor meter is very sensitive.

The Bro-Teks are like a piece of art :)

/ BORA vs Kubota wheel spacers #10  
I don't think 2.5" is going to give you a lot of increased confidence. I bought 2" ones from Bora. They look like pieces of jewelry - really nice and perfect fit. But I've wised many times I gone ahead and bought 4" ones even though I don't use the tractor on my 30* dam banks. The 4" instill much more confidence.
What do you mean by 30* ? If you mean 30 degrees that is about a 58% slope which is very steep for a tractor. Even with max wide spacers that is too steep for horizontal travel. With good ag tread tires and 4WD you better have prefect soil penetration or you are going to the bottom of that trying to go up or down it. Involuntarily.