Borescopes... thoughts?

/ Borescopes... thoughts? #31  
I bought one of the depstech ones above from Amazon on the recommendation of my mechanic friend. It has worked fine for my occasional usage.

/ Borescopes... thoughts? #33  
I know I am repeating myself, but I used my bore scope this afternoon, that has a VERY long cable, and only in exceptional circumstances can I see this as an advantage.

I would get one with 2 or 3 feet reach, and then get someting longer if I found the need. Not happy with my choice for the first one, but it does seem to work well. EXCEPT for dealing with the long lead length. Major negative for me.

/ Borescopes... thoughts?
Mine just arrived today.

On a glance (I opened it immediately as I was parked out by the mailbox.....yeah, curiosity got the better of me!)

On putting it together and turning it on, it immediately had a much nicer picture than the one (which is used) I had been renting at the auto-store.

That better picture alone is worth it for me. Not used it other than the obligatory look up my nose, ear.... ahem....

(yikes!)

I guess one CAN be too curious with these lol.

/ Borescopes... thoughts? #36  
I know I am repeating myself, but I used my bore scope this afternoon, that has a VERY long cable, and only in exceptional circumstances can I see this as an advantage.

I would get one with 2 or 3 feet reach, and then get someting longer if I found the need. Not happy with my choice for the first one, but it does seem to work well. EXCEPT for dealing with the long lead length. Major negative for me.

I just leave mine coiled, unwind just enough for the job.

/ Borescopes... thoughts? #37  
I just leave mine coiled, unwind just enough for the job.

Mine is at least 12 foot long. I too uncoil only what I need. The remaining coils are cumbersome to deal with, and it ends up difficult to align the end rotation in order to get the view on the screen to match movement of the end.

So how to move the end to see a point of interest becomes confusing. I think a shorter lead would work better, but this is the only one I have so I don't know for sure.

I am sure there will be times I appreciate the long length, like in a wall cavity or something. But I now believe I should have started with something shorter. They are cheap enough these days...