borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter

/ borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter #21  
He'll be coming to you every 50 hours (or whatever the recommended interval is) offering to lend you his tractor from now on. :laughing:

/ borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter #22  
Lucky you that you have a neighbour who loans pricy things out.

I am the type who beleves tool rental places have a place in this world so borrow one from them.

:D Al

I’m with you! Any machinery I don’t lend out. Hand tools, trailers, things that are hard to break sure. But anything that requires maintaining no way. I am just to picky about how I treat my equipment and do my maintenance.

/ borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter #23  
Hey
My neighbor has let me borrow his JD 110 backhoe and while he is away would like to change the oiland filters for him.
It is a 4 cyl diesel.
Can I use Rotella, and how much?
What are the filter numbers air and oil.

Any help would be appreaciated
Thanks
JT

walk into the local JD dealership.
The tractor is between 6 to 18 years old. Be forewarned for what you may find . Odds are the fuel filter may need replacement . How many hours on the machine . Hy-Gard in the transmission. I would say that filter is also due.

/ borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter #24  
How often do you all change your oils? I heard a few say 50 hours lol, I have a 05 4320 (48)hp and it’s every 200 hours on oil.

I just changed my coolant, oil, hydraulic fluid and fuel, hydraulic and oil filters. Blew out the radiator screen, blew out the air filters. I’m good for another 200 hours which will take me prob 3 years.

I just used all JD stuff, you can save some money but using advance or Napa filters and using rotella oil but I figure since it’s something I might only do every 2-3 years, I’ll just get JD stuff and be done with it.

If someone borrowed my tractor and changed the oil, I would be pretty upset but if he’s talked about it before with you, I’m sure it will be ok.

/ borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter #25  
walk into the local JD dealership.
The tractor is between 6 to 18 years old. Be forewarned for what you may find . Odds are the fuel filter may need replacement . How many hours on the machine . Hy-Gard in the transmission. I would say that filter is also due.

Based on what? The guy could have given it a full service the day before the OP borrowed it.

/ borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter #26  
200 hrs or 2 to 3 years whichever comes first doesn't like the greatest maintenance schedule to me. Most manuals call for once a year regardless of hours.

/ borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter #27  
Based on what? The guy could have given it a full service the day before the OP borrowed it.

Op mentioned that the guy had never serviced it if I remember correctly. I would love for someone to service a piece of machinery. I’m hard pressed to get them to put fuel in it and **** would freeze over before they greased anything.

Brett

/ borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter #29  
Op mentioned that the guy had never serviced it if I remember correctly. I would love for someone to service a piece of machinery. I’m hard pressed to get them to put fuel in it and **** would freeze over before they greased anything.

Brett

I basically stopped loaning my trucks out or just expect it comes back on E. Never fails, someone wants to borrow the truck, they use it and return it, they just assume I meant burn up all the fuel in it as well so I have to buy more when I get it back lol. It’s the end of the world when I bring up fuel, family are the worst.

I can’t think of a time that someone fueled up my truck after borrowing it, without asking first.

If I borrow something, I always leave them 1/4 tank fuller than I got it as a courtesy, I’m the only one I know of that does.

/ borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter #30  
I agree with the guys who said not to change it. There's too much chance for something that's been coming on for some time to go wrong and your oil change being blamed as the cause.