Bottom Plow Identify

/ Bottom Plow Identify #11  
Top of the plow frame, all the way to the rear.

The bolts secure the cover and provide axles for the internal trip parts.

Inside, the Deere trip mechanism is going to look similar to my Ford trip mech.

Tyler should have diagrams and photos of your trip mech available.

/ Bottom Plow Identify #12  
Thank you Jeff. The info people share is certainly appreciated.

Tyler is going to send me a manual and after a bit of maintenance....Can't wait to try it out. I just finished beating back about 30 of the 40 acres of an old pasture on my 1/2 section that grew up in poplar over the last decade or so. Did most of it with a chainsaw, trimmer equipped with a blade and a rough cut mower behind the quad. Finally got a tractor with a root grapple (wish I had that when I started) to get it to where I think I can plow and then disc.

/ Bottom Plow Identify #13  
How is the plow working out for you?

Is the trip mechanism working properly?

/ Bottom Plow Identify #14  
How is the plow working out for you?

Is the trip mechanism working properly?

Well, I haven't done much with it yet except to power wash it. I likely won't get it onto the tractor until this fall. Haven't had a lot of spare time so far this summer.
I had talked with Tyler about a manual and I never got around to actually ordering it. To my surprise the manual showed up yesterday in the mail. I'll need to contact him this weekend to find out what I owe him. Pretty cool that a guy would take the time to send something that I hadn't paid for yet.
I will post an update and pictures as things eventually progress.

/ Bottom Plow Identify #15  
Apply some type of short term rust preventative to the pressure washed moldboards.