Bought a 135

/ Bought a 135 #21  
Mine's a 65 deluxe continental 145 gas. I see yours has differential lock, Does it have multi-power? From what I can tell in the pictures it appears that it doesn't but diesals may be different in the multi-power linkage.

/ Bought a 135 #22  
What could be wrong with the switch??? It does have a cool bluish lights on the gauges but I'll try your idea...
Those cool blueish lights are actually powered from a transformer power supply. The lighting methos is called electro-luminescence. I definition is here Electroluminescence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia as to how it works. Finding a replacement (new) would be next to impossible unless a dealer happen to have one tucked away in the back of a shelf. I don't even know if they can be repaired but easily replaced with incandescent lighting types powered by 12v dc.

View attachment 290021

/ Bought a 135
Sam No I don't have multi power. Kid, someone replaced the gauge so I'll need to find a new one.

/ Bought a 135 #24  
Sam No I don't have multi power. Kid, someone replaced the gauge so I'll need to find a new one.
A salvage yard would be your only source. I don't think they make those anymore. It could be that more than one model had them so you might get lucky and find a good used one.

/ Bought a 135
Will be going to a scrap yard Friday. Need to find a top link and sway bars, trying to stay stock.

/ Bought a 135
Anybody have a 135 or close, I need a picture of the 3 point with link stabilizers on. Thanks much..

/ Bought a 135
Went to my first tractor junk yard and walked thru lots of sheep dung to find a headlight that the guy wanted 65.00 for. Not much else left of the machine stripped clean to a carcass. Well off to the dealer to see what he has in old parts. Why are yards soooo expensive??

/ Bought a 135 #28  
Went to my first tractor junk yard and walked thru lots of sheep dung to find a headlight that the guy wanted 65.00 for. Not much else left of the machine stripped clean to a carcass. Well off to the dealer to see what he has in old parts. Why are yards soooo expensive??

Murf, those headlights are used on early model ford's as well. Look for 8N and 9N NAA Jubilee models. I found a set of headlight wing emblems on ebay listed for a ford. Don't be afraid to look out of the box. There are quite a few large salvage yards. When you call, make sure you have the correct info to "talk the talk" with them. Some don't like ebay, but it's been quite useful for me to hunt down hard to find parts. I've contacted many a seller asking for other parts they didn't have listed and found a few that way. Try Pittsburg Tractor in Northeast Texas 903-856-6548 They are linked to several bone yards and I scored a couple of rare hard to find parts.

Getting back to your stablizer bars. Be sure to measure from attachment point to point to get the correct length. Mine has a mount under the fender with like four or five holes to use to match the correct length. Yours I see is one so length is critical in getting it right. That's why I went with TSC's adjustable ones. Top links can be most any brand as long as the length and the bore it correct and it adjust. -robert

/ Bought a 135
Murf, those headlights are used on early model ford's as well. Look for 8N and 9N NAA Jubilee models. I found a set of headlight wing emblems on ebay listed for a ford. Don't be afraid to look out of the box. There are quite a few large salvage yards. When you call, make sure you have the correct info to "talk the talk" with them. Some don't like ebay, but it's been quite useful for me to hunt down hard to find parts. I've contacted many a seller asking for other parts they didn't have listed and found a few that way. Try Pittsburg Tractor in Northeast Texas 903-856-6548 They are linked to several bone yards and I scored a couple of rare hard to find parts.

Getting back to your stablizer bars. Be sure to measure from attachment point to point to get the correct length. Mine has a mount under the fender with like four or five holes to use to match the correct length. Yours I see is one so length is critical in getting it right. That's why I went with TSC's adjustable ones. Top links can be most any brand as long as the length and the bore it correct and it adjust. -robert

From what point? to what point? Do I use those stabilizer chains too? Do the headlights have a low and high beam?? My dealer wanted 32.00 a bulb,# was GE 4459. Any way to cross that to anything else? Much thanks for any and all help

/ Bought a 135 #30  
For stabilizer bars I bought a kit similar to this:

231253.jpg

I threw away the fixed bars and replaced them with two adjustable top links. The angle brackets bolt to the fender mounting bolts under the rear axles. This was on a 1964 M135 diesel.