Bought a $146.91 hydraulic filter today!

/ Bought a $146.91 hydraulic filter today! #1  

dweitzel

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7360SS
Yep, that's right. The hydraulic filter was $146.91 and 12 quarts of oil were $148.50. Grand total with tax for a fluid change at 230 hours $313.59.

How in the world can Mitsubitshi and Cub even look customers in the face and charge $146.91 for a FILTER?

Anyone had any luck crossing this filter to another manufacturer?

Part number MA-10312518000

This is for a Cub Cadet 7360ss, 1999 year

Dw

/ Bought a $146.91 hydraulic filter today! #2  
****, Did they give you a Kiss !! I like getting Kissed when I'm getting SCREWED !!

/ Bought a $146.91 hydraulic filter today!
Double Orange said:
****, Did they give you a Kiss !! I like getting Kissed when I'm getting SCREWED !!

No, but I opened the package to see if it was gold plated. Nope, just black painted steel. Why does it hurt so bad to bend over now????

I'm just venting.

:(

/ Bought a $146.91 hydraulic filter today! #4  
Both those prices are absolutely insane. I've changed out filters on million dollar pumps/compressors that didn't cost that much! I'm thinking this is the filter you need: Part Detail Try wixfilters.com

Joel

/ Bought a $146.91 hydraulic filter today! #5  
Thats way to much list price through cub is 117.53 which is way to high but you really got took. I would go back and ask why so much money over list.

/ Bought a $146.91 hydraulic filter today! #6  
Be sure to run all your Mitsu numbers by your Mahindra dealer. They have many of the 7000 filters at a greatly reduced price. Ex...the HST filter for the smaller 7000's (Wako 150s) is $60 at CC but only $38 at Mahindra. What's up there CC ????

/ Bought a $146.91 hydraulic filter today! #7  
Yes, I too have changed many a filter on muilti million dollar equipment and it wasn't that expensive! Even though suppliers do charge the big mfrs top dollar due to their stupidity (i.e. the deep pockets rule :p )!

IF you can find someone in the parts dept. that knows and can read a Buyer's Guide for filters, you can easily find the same filter type (microns, thread, valving, etc) in a different capacity that is sometimes at a much lower price (most mfrs. price by popularity then by OEM requirements). If it is a cartridge type, sometimes it is worth replacing the canister and using the larger filter in the long run.

Another option is the remote filter set-ups.

Check a Grainger catalog. As long as the capacity and psi for the lines with the correct fittings, you can save some big bucks in the long run and possibly spend less down time chaning the filter. You can even find a local shop that mfrs. hi-pressure hydraulic lines and they like cash, no ticket .... requiring you to only purchase the adaptor plates and filters.

Food for thought. Hope it helps. :D

/ Bought a $146.91 hydraulic filter today!
JTKub said:
Both those prices are absolutely insane. I've changed out filters on million dollar pumps/compressors that didn't cost that much! I'm thinking this is the filter you need: Part Detail Try wixfilters.com

Joel

Thanks all. JTkub, that sure "looks" like the CC filter. I'll explore the specs a little more and see if it checks out. I did look up the price on the CC web site and I think I saw it as around $138, still way too high.

I should only need to change this every 2 years or so. They recommend a filter/oil change at around 200 hours.

I'll do my best to "find" this filter. The manhindra dealer is a good start. I'll check that out also.

Thanks. Just mostly venting. There is no reason that replacement parts and filters should cause you to spend more than the cost of the machine.

Dw

/ Bought a $146.91 hydraulic filter today! #9  
My Case dozer has three hydralic filters. Each one is about the size of three PH8A oil filters stacked on top of each other. The first one that I buught was from Case, and it cost me $80. The rest have always come from Napa and cost half the price. I did some research on them and found that the ones from Napa were finer with more layers of filter material. Better filter for half the price!!!!

Eddie

/ Bought a $146.91 hydraulic filter today! #10  
Man, that's crazy! :eek:

I can change the oil and filter on my 500hp CAT for less than what you paid for the filter alone. $20 CAT oil filter from Freightliner plus 10gal of your favorite 40w and/or Lucas additive. I can see a less common specific app filter costing more, but not like that....ouch!

I'll never complain about the cost of servicing my baby-cub again....