Bought a 3540/ cab last thursday!

/ Bought a 3540/ cab last thursday! #11  
I use my tractors in my business. I ran open station internationals for 15 years, paid my dues to the weather as they say! I would never bu
y another tractor without a cab!

/ Bought a 3540/ cab last thursday! #12  
Thanks for the replys!! A friend of mine just bought a new john deere 3320 so he said we will have to compare when he gets his later this week. When I first started looking a couple of years ago I almost bought one without a cab but earlier this winter every time I was out cleaning snow it seemed like the wind was blowing or it was dark out and a guy told me if you buy one now without a cab you will be buying another one later so I was convinced after that although they are a lot more money. Like KenB2920 said, you almost feel guilty moving snow with just your shirt. Not that guilty mind you, ha!
i hear ya. the last storm i got in my jd 3720 cab, i was drinikin beer in a tshirt. as i took my jacket off in the cab, i knocked my bottle over in the cup holder. took a lot of fabreeze to get the stink out. just fyi, only use canned beer as it fits better in the holders

/ Bought a 3540/ cab last thursday! #13  
Drinking beer, plowing snow and playing on my tractor. A boys dream...... PG dream at least.

/ Bought a 3540/ cab last thursday! #14  
Congratulations guys on your new machines. I can tell you first hand that you did good by getting a Grand L. The cabs on these machines are second to none. Between listening to the tunes on the radio and all that heat in the cab life just don't get much better.

/ Bought a 3540/ cab last thursday!
Boy, they do throw some nice heat, first time I went out in my big coat, hat, and gloves, didn't take long and I was melting! Doesn't feel as bad then when you have to make the payments. I don't have any tunes yet, have to let the dust settle first.

/ Bought a 3540/ cab last thursday! #16  
Had i done more research and had a dealer closer by, i may have bought one of the cab 3540 machines instead of the john deere 3720. the only thing local is 3 john deere dealers owned by the same person so it was a plus. Also, i have always loved the john deere hydro pedal setup. why doesnt kubota have the same configuration?

/ Bought a 3540/ cab last thursday! #17  
Finally finally finally, I finished my radio install. I have a thread on another forum showing all my questions. Thanks to wildfire/4shorts I got her done. Thank you TSO for letting me use your barn, I couldn't of done it without you. 2:30 am and I am home. 1 simple screw was a real bugger to get in. But I am happy as a clam now. " if its worth doing, it's worth doing right" from wildfire...... Ahhh bedtime

/ Bought a 3540/ cab last thursday! #18  
Boy, they do throw some nice heat, first time I went out in my big coat, hat, and gloves, didn't take long and I was melting! Doesn't feel as bad then when you have to make the payments. I don't have any tunes yet, have to let the dust settle first.

You'll get the tunes in good time. The main thing is you to the machine. My wife says that when I go by the window of the house she can hardly hear the tractors engine but can hear the "thump, thump" from the stereo. Ya I like my tunes :laughing:

Also, i have always loved the john deere hydro pedal setup. why doesnt kubota have the same configuration?

People have different preferences when it comes to pedal layout but for me I wouldn't want it any other way than the way Kubota has it. Push with my toes to go ahead and use my heal to back up. Foot never has to leave the area. When pushing snow you have to do that many times per minute and I've never had an issue with it.

Finally finally finally, I finished my radio install. I have a thread on another forum showing all my questions. Thanks to wildfire/4shorts I got her done. Thank you TSO for letting me use your barn, I couldn't of done it without you. 2:30 am and I am home. 1 simple screw was a real bugger to get in. But I am happy as a clam now. " if its worth doing, it's worth doing right" from wildfire...... Ahhh bedtime

Well Ken I'd say you did a great job on the stereo install. You'll have years of enjoying it now. I'm glad I was able to help in some small way. Now you need to figure out what your next mod will be ;) I have plenty of ideas :dance1:

/ Bought a 3540/ cab last thursday! #19  
Had i done more research and had a dealer closer by, i may have bought one of the cab 3540 machines instead of the john Deere 3720. the only thing local is 3 john Deere dealers owned by the same person so it was a plus. Also, i have always loved the john Deere hydro pedal setup. why doesn't Kubota have the same configuration?

Pretty much what 4Shorts said, we have a John Deere and Kubota and my wife HATES the side by side pedals and was one of the reasons we went from a John Deere 425 to a BX. I can use either with a very slight preference for the Kubota. The first day my father in law had his JD, he put it in the pond when he hit the wrong pedal. He got use to it and liked it, but still occasionally hit the wrong pedal. I don't think this is common, but I have known others to do the same thing; just whatever a person likes, some like one and some the other.