Bought a 4707... extended warranty?

/ Bought a 4707... extended warranty? #11  
3 extra years + standard warranty is 5 years.
If you are figuring 300 hours per year, that’s 1500 hours.
Most small tractors are fine with 1500 hours on them.

I wouldn’t do it. Outside of abuse, that tractor will be fine with 1500 hours on it.

The only thing I look at extending the warranty on are diesel trucks and European cars, like BMW, Mercedes, etc.

/ Bought a 4707... extended warranty? #12  
I bought my 4707 brand new in June of 2022 for $55,000 with zero percent interest for 7 years. That was the first year of the new AC system. There are a few other upgrades, but the AC was the big change.

I'm a member of the 4700 group on FB, and there are a few issues that come up there. Most of them are calibration issues, or DEF issues. The clutch sucks, but if you spend some time working on calibrating it, you might get it right. The lift arms suck. It's nice to have the buttons on the fenders, but it's a trick to get them to work, and even then, it's 50/50 if it will or wont. Some other guys have posted about bolts working loose. On mine, all the bolts are marked with white paint so you can easily see if anything is moving.

I did not get an extended warrantee. I don't think it's worth the money.

If I was buying something with DEF, I would think real hard about getting the extended warrantee.

My only issue with Massey so far is how hard it is to find parts online. Every search that I've done leads back to the dealer, and either calling or sending an email to them. I wish there was a way to buy filters from another source, like Ebay or Amazon.

/ Bought a 4707... extended warranty? #13  
I bought my 4707 brand new in June of 2022 for $55,000 with zero percent interest for 7 years. That was the first year of the new AC system. There are a few other upgrades, but the AC was the big change.

I'm a member of the 4700 group on FB, and there are a few issues that come up there. Most of them are calibration issues, or DEF issues. The clutch sucks, but if you spend some time working on calibrating it, you might get it right. The lift arms suck. It's nice to have the buttons on the fenders, but it's a trick to get them to work, and even then, it's 50/50 if it will or wont. Some other guys have posted about bolts working loose. On mine, all the bolts are marked with white paint so you can easily see if anything is moving.

If I was buying something with DEF, I would think real hard about getting the extended warrantee.

My only issue with Massey so far is how hard it is to find parts online. Every search that I've done leads back to the dealer, and either calling or sending an email to them. I wish there was a way to buy filters from another source, like Ebay or Amazon.
The emissions are covered already on a separate 5 year warranty. You wont gain anything with extended warranty.
4707 filter kit on ebay?

/ Bought a 4707... extended warranty? #14  

Fender buttons are finicky on many brands.

/ Bought a 4707... extended warranty? #15  
I have the same tractor,what were the nagging things
The 3pt hitch controls were all wonky, the cab sprung a coolant leak, and the hood doesn't like staying up on its own. The dealership sort of fixed the first issue (but it's not perfect, just good enough) and the leak, but never did take care of the hood.

/ Bought a 4707... extended warranty? #16  
The emissions are covered already on a separate 5 year warranty. You wont gain anything with extended warranty.
4707 filter kit on ebay?
Thanks!!!! I looked on there a few months ago, but didn't find anything. This is exactly what I was wanting to find.

I'm also looking for the AC Cab filter. They changed everything in 2022 and the filter is shaped like a cup now, not the square one that was in there in earlier models. I beat the dust out of it before using it, but I think that I could do a better job of cleaning one while the other is in place if I had two filters.

I've been trying to swing by the dealer when I'm in the area, but it's always secondary to what I have to get done, and by then, they are closed for the day.

/ Bought a 4707... extended warranty? #17  
IF you can haggle the price down. Then sure but like others said its generally a no go.

/ Bought a 4707... extended warranty? #18  
The only thing any extended third party warranty does is compensate the dealer with more funds. Never get an extended warranty on any piece of equipment or a vehicle.

/ Bought a 4707... extended warranty? #19  
I use extended warranty as my final bargaining point. The dealer and I both know that it will probably never get used, so I can usually get a year thrown in and a big reduction on the second year. That makes it worthwhile to me.