Bought a new SANY SY50U !

/ Bought a new SANY SY50U ! #31  
Awesome! Glad to hear you are back up and running. Lets see some pictures!

/ Bought a new SANY SY50U ! #32  
YES!
Fixed!
It took a battery, a 300 amp fuse, and a new starter too!
The fuse was the big suprise!
YES, 300 amp!

He had found a 2 amp parasitic draw, prior to removing the 300 amp blown fuse, for which I dont know if it remains now...
so how can you have any parasitic draw with the master fuse blown?

/ Bought a new SANY SY50U ! #33  
YES!
Fixed!
It took a battery, a 300 amp fuse, and a new starter too!
The fuse was the big suprise!
YES, 300 amp!

How and why the fuse, atached to the battery positive cable, in close proximity to the positive post blew is still a mystery, and the tech didn't have a spare.
So for now the fuse is on order.
I'm running dangerous!

He had found a 2 amp parasitic draw, prior to removing the 300 amp blown fuse, for which I dont know if it remains now...

Anyway it is now running, YEAH!
more to come, I'm using my cell to send this update...
I'd ask them to order two of those fuses so you have a backup.

/ Bought a new SANY SY50U ! #34  
That’s real good news. I’m curious though was the battery, starter, and fuse all 3 bad? Or just the fuse and the tech through the other 2 in for good measure?

/ Bought a new SANY SY50U !
Awesome! Glad to hear you are back up and running. Lets see some pictures!
Thanks! Will get to pics soon...
I'd ask them to order two of those fuses so you have a backup.
I'm down with that. I think the tech will keep a few spares on his truck now. Know I would...
That’s real good news. I’m curious though was the battery, starter, and fuse all 3 bad? Or just the fuse and the tech through the other 2 in for good measure?
On some level I don't really care, because it's fixed; but I get your thinking. (y)
Here's my understanding so far: sequence most likely was battery went low from little run time and a bunch of short runs of the engine while on and off the ship, trucks on way across the US from left coast, and then a few short runs while being prepped for delivery to me.
Temps were low, when I got delivery, and then I ran her about 6 hours that day. She sat on Sunday, then went to start on Monday, a week ago - no joy.

So, from the slow cranking until it died I immediately thought battery- so I tested it and charged it cautiously - due to sub-freezing temps, when a frozen deeply discharged battery can explode violently and unexpectedly.

Battery showed fully charged, but no results. Did not know of the 300 amp fuse at the time. Tech came, changed out battery and found parasitic draw of 2 amps. He had me turn key to crank- nothing. He was stimmed; then did some diagnostics, and found the blown 300 amp fuse. I think he then removed it but hooked up the 2 wires that were on the top side of the bolt holding the fuse and wires to the positive cable's busbar. I had gone inside while he removed sheet metal and dove into the hunt/removal of the starter. When I returned to the scene he had her spun around and ready to go.

So, as far as I know all three were dead for different reasons. Clearly, to my mind, the 300 amp fuse blew due to the slow cranking when I tried to start her last Monday. I inspected the Bendix gear teeth of the defective starter and found no obvious damage. I don't have any other reasonable logic for the sequence of events, and the starter blowing a 300 amp fuse is pretty weird as far as things go on a new machine, of any type?!

Other plausible explanations are welcomed...

There are two other battery/entire electrical system 'switches' that might have come into play: one the incorrectly labeled battery isolation switch, located above the battery ground post/cable. It turns to lock the electrical system from the battery, hence isolation. BUT the tech said, even though it is supposed to lock it out completely, he believes it does not turn off everything, so maybe it has a delay to allow some items to store settings like the time of day, etc. into memory, so on reboot settings are remembered... It is 'spliced' into the negative side battery cable wiring. And there's a solenoid, also connected into one of the cables to the battery; not sure which one since I was doing my diagnostics not realizing the 300 amp fuse existed and was blown at the time I was circuit testing...

The other master control switch is a big red button under the seat bottom, along side the seat's platform, where the fuse box and other under seat wiring goes to get lost for all time.
This button is big and is intended to be slammed in an emergency, but is not for turning the machine off unless something is wrong, or an accident has occurred, for instance.
Unfortunately, I could not stop the delivery driver from slamming it to demo to me how it works, when I asked him about it. Not saying it caused the fuse blow out since that didn't happen until several days later, but the manual said using the switch under non-emergency conditions could do machine damage, possibly. I hear lawyers in the background helping write all manuals these days, eh?!

I did have the tech add my just bought battery heater pad, and I will add my 'Thermo-cube', (on at 35 degrees F, off at 45 degrees F thermostatically controlled switch) that allows two items to be temp controlled by an extension cord.
The tech liked the idea and told my wife he might get one for his on at dusk, off at dawn truck heater, which costs like $15/day in electric... WOW!

That's way too much $$$ for me...

CM out for now.

Last edited:
   / Bought a new SANY SY50U ! #36  
Wow, thanks for the explanation. Looks like you’ve got a good dealer that backs up his products! Great news, enjoy!

Thanks,
You're right, my dealer is Awesome, and his entire team, sales & service.

/ Bought a new SANY SY50U ! #38  
4 pages Coyote, 4!
I'm beginning to think that.....
Pictures dude 👍😆
For some reason I thought about this and your new machine and sometimes I won't receive notices on new posts. Tbn shame on you 😆, there were none especially with pictures. 😁
(All the stupid smiley faces mean I'm joking with you)

/ Bought a new SANY SY50U ! #39  
Im have a heck of a time getting a new Sany SY16c mini excavator repaired. From day one tracks would not counter rotate. Dealer has tried to repair in 3 times now. Im afraid i have a lemon and Sany is not stepping up to the plate to to fix or replace.. I sure hope you have better luck if you find dealer can not fix

Im have a heck of a time getting a new Sany SY16c mini excavator repaired. From day one tracks would not counter rotate. Dealer has tried to repair in 3 times now. Im afraid i have a lemon and Sany is not stepping up to the plate to to fix or replace.. I sure hope you have better luck if you find dealer can not fix
Sorry I've been remiss to TBN, and have not kept up to date answering posts like the one above.

budvoss, you're new to the TBN site and for future reference it's better to start a new thread about your issues with your particular Sany macchine. By posting a new thread more people who may answer are likely to see the thread, instead of your message just being one post in someone else's thread.
Now, for my take on your situation. Don't take an unsatisfactory repair or several attempts to get your machine fixed under warranty as your problem. Make it your dealer's problem. If they refuse to fix it properly, or for some reason, can't fix it - then go over their heads to the Sany corporate representative in your dealer's area.
Post back results- in a new thread you start, now, and let us know how things are going. My impression is that Sany wants, like Kioti does, good rep and happy owner's of their machines. PM me if you have any other questions about your machine you can't get resolved
CM out.