Bought KingKutter 6ft finish mower

/ Bought KingKutter 6ft finish mower #1  

jcliburn

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Went to Bruce McGee's store in Florence, MS this morning and picked up a 6ft KingKutter flex hitch finish mower. Bruce is a great guy to do business with; gave me a nice discount without my asking. (Thanks again, Bruce.)

The mower appears to be well made. Looks like the cover was mounted when the paint was still soft, though, so there's some paint scarring along the outline of the cover. No biggie. Interestingly, it appears as though the mower was painted after the whole deck was assembled. Even the drive belt is painted. Pics below.

Rain the past few days has left the ground a little too soft to mow, but I look forward to using the KK when things dry out a bit. I'll be pulling it behind a Kubota MX5100. Looks like the mower is wide enough cover the tractor tracks nicely.

This unit is replacing my previous yard mowing rig, a Farm Pro 2420 tractor pulling a 5ft Farm Pro finish mower, both of which I've had nothing but problems with for six years. I finally got fed up with it this year when two spindle bearings failed and a piece of the wheel strut channel broke off on the mower. Time to fix up and sell 'em both.

Cheers,
Jay

Attachments

• sideview.jpg
    sideview.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 441
  • rearview.jpg
    rearview.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 364
  • underside.jpg
    underside.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 4,675
  • coveroff.jpg
    coveroff.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 329
   / Bought KingKutter 6ft finish mower #2  
I have had no problems with my 6' KK for 5 yrs. I like the red alot better than the yellow mine is, I also see they made an improvement with the 2 straps going to the rear of the deck for lifting. Mine only has one.The only thing I wish was better is the way it discharges the grass. It doesn't seem to spread out the clippings as evenly as I would like. This might be common with any finish mower this size?
Bill

/ Bought KingKutter 6ft finish mower #3  
I bought mine about 3 years ago. The only issue I've had is shearing the pins that hold the wheels on. I replaced them with the largest pins that will fit which has mostly fixed the problem. I have thought about drilling the holes out and putting in 1/4 inch pins.

/ Bought KingKutter 6ft finish mower #4  
While I don't have a KK, I have a cheaper 6' one. I played with it once, and we have had the wettest spring in recent history, the ground is too soft to think of driving a tractor on. Ironically, the mower is setting in grass deeper than it, waiting for nice weather....

/ Bought KingKutter 6ft finish mower #5  
I have had no problems with my 6' KK for 5 yrs. I like the red alot better than the yellow mine is, I also see they made an improvement with the 2 straps going to the rear of the deck for lifting. Mine only has one.
Bill

Yes... they changed that hitch with the two straps going to the rear of the machine sometime last year, as near as I can tell.

/ Bought KingKutter 6ft finish mower #6  
Hay Jay,

I just wanted to say thanks again for coming by and making your mower unit purchase with me. It was really nice to meet you and more folks on TBN. :thumbsup:

I know you will enjoy your new mower, and if you need anything let me know.

I appreciate the nice comment, and nice job with the pics. Feel free to stop by when you make it my way again.

Thanks again.

/ Bought KingKutter 6ft finish mower #8  
The regular retail price is $1495.00 + tax, but I gave a discount for being a TBN member and not using plastic for purchase. If you decide to come by I will give you the same deal. The check, or cash price will be $1450.00 + MS sale tax. I only have 1 left in stock.

I hope you come by and check out the nice equipment in stock, and it will be nice to meet other MS TBN members.

Thanks

Bruce McGee

/ Bought KingKutter 6ft finish mower #9  
Yes... they changed that hitch with the two straps going to the rear of the machine sometime last year, as near as I can tell.

That two strap connection is nice, I busted the single chain on my yellow one a couple of weeks ago. Not sure what happed but one of the links opened up. I have it wired up until I get a chance to get the parts to fix it right.

/ Bought KingKutter 6ft finish mower #10  
I've got a KK 72'"RD finish mower and had it for i guess 5 or 6 years now, its mower well over 6000 acres now and the only problem is i wore out all the wheel bearings on the wheels. 46 dollars replaced the bearings. axles and axle nuts. Half hour and i was back in busiiness. Thats the only expense i have had. These machines do a great job but you might want to get rid of the rubber deflector in the back and go to chains. I have none on mine at the moment. My grass is growing so fast the rubber would not allow it to exit fast enough. Maybe this winter i'll make a set of chains for it. Chains do a great job of stopping solid objects from flying out and they also give your lawn or fiels that "stripped" effect. I wouldn't buy anyother mower than KK. Reasonably priced and well built. Mine mower from 8 to 12 hours at a time rain or shine, in fact i would rather mow in the rain because it holds the grass dust down and my mower "clumps" very little anyways. When the pictures were taken the rubber deflectors were on and i added lift chains to the corners, it rides better on rough ground . . .John

Attachments

• My tractor 003.jpg
    My tractor 003.jpg
    719.9 KB · Views: 301
  • My tractor 005.jpg
    My tractor 005.jpg
    908.5 KB · Views: 351