Bound to cause a few seizures for the Safety Police.

/ Bound to cause a few seizures for the Safety Police. #2  
Yeah, it could have been done more safely. I would have taken the base out the same way, but would have also braced the base and than pulled the braced out from a safe distance. You only get to make that mistake once.

/ Bound to cause a few seizures for the Safety Police. #3  
I've seen worse posted here! Remember the guy with the cat who dropped one on himself? :D I have to agree 100% with Transit...definitely could have been done safer. Everything had to go exactly as they planned it or he could have been in serious trouble. It's always nicer to have a bit of wiggle room "just in case".

/ Bound to cause a few seizures for the Safety Police.
Even I wouldn't have done it that way. Damned "self preservation" gene!

/ Bound to cause a few seizures for the Safety Police. #5  
Modern day Paul Bunyan!!

/ Bound to cause a few seizures for the Safety Police. #6  
Just wait til the owner returns from his holidays!

/ Bound to cause a few seizures for the Safety Police. #7  
Did love to watch the way the block disintegrated when it hit the ground. I also admire someone who can swing a heavy sledge hammer sideways that much - can't do that anymore. Still - just like with trees, I'd have liked to see a better escape route than the one he had to thread through. Thanks.
Jim

/ Bound to cause a few seizures for the Safety Police. #8  
We had an old clay-brick (or whatever the big, maroon-colored bricks were) silo that had to come down... The guys started the process much the same way... Take out the bricks in the direction you want it to fall. Our problem was this... As we took out the row of bricks in the front, the added weight on the other bricks caused them to slowly collapse. So, about the time you got half-way around the silo, it had settled enough in the rear that the gap in the front had closed up.:laughing: It took the excavator giving it a nudge with the backhoe to get it to fall the rest of the way.

/ Bound to cause a few seizures for the Safety Police. #9  
This is one of those cases where the safest approach is explosives set off from about 1/4 mile away...

/ Bound to cause a few seizures for the Safety Police. #10  
Braver than me, that's for sure. Amazing that it just turned to powder like that.