Box Blade 8 Acres??

/ Box Blade 8 Acres?? #31  
   / Box Blade 8 Acres?? #33  
JD 4520 & jenkinsph:

Thank you both for the quick reply. The bushings mounted in the photo looked like lift pins of a different design - in other words - one piece that could just be bolted on.

I would have considered them if there was an application to slide over CAT 1 pins to make CAT 2 pins.

The one in the Deere .pdf file convert CAT 2 pins to CAT 3. The kit from Tractor Supply appear to convert CAT 0 pins to CAT 1. I guess my needs are somewhere in the middle.

Once again, I appreciate the extra effort that both of you made to follow up on my question. TBN and the membership are a great resource of knowledge.

Edit: Now that I know what to look for...maybe this will work. I'll have to check the measurements.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200479426_200479426

Edit 2: OOPS...maybe not. The bushings will slide over CAT 1 pins but boosts the size to 1 7/16" rather than the CAT 2 standard of 1 1/8". Oh, well.

Edit 3: OK, this is getting silly. Now these WILL work

https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/Quick_Hitch_Adapter_Bushing_Kit_p/110115.htm

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread topic.

Last edited:
   / Box Blade 8 Acres?? #34  
gwdixon,

The bushings I used and linked to are quick hitch pins which adapt a cat 1 pin to cat 3. IMatch uses a cat 3 implement pin size for both the lower and upper links. Looks kind of silly to see cat 3 pins for implements used on my l&g tractor.

/ Box Blade 8 Acres?? #35  
gwdixon,

The bushings I used and linked to are quick hitch pins which adapt a cat 1 pin to cat 3. IMatch uses a cat 3 implement pin size for both the lower and upper links. Looks kind of silly to see cat 3 pins for implements used on my l&g tractor.

Thanks. I noticed that when the measurements were researched. Many of the other QH manufacturers also use CAT 3 measurements on their QH frame - maybe a tribute to (or copy of) the IMatch format.

/ Box Blade 8 Acres?? #36  
john_bud,
Did you show a photo of your hand made drag? I'd like to build one. Currently using a disk and/or box scraper.
I have 2 acres of semi level, planted field and want to cut about 60' of pine trees away on three sides to expand my mountain view. IF....IF....I can cut those trees to ground level I plan on bush hogging and disking then plant "deer food"
Thanks
:laughing:

/ Box Blade 8 Acres?? #37  
john_bud,
Did you show a photo of your hand made drag? I'd like to build one. Currently using a disk and/or box scraper.
I have 2 acres of semi level, planted field and want to cut about 60' of pine trees away on three sides to expand my mountain view. IF....IF....I can cut those trees to ground level I plan on bush hogging and disking then plant "deer food"
Thanks
:laughing:

Actually I don't. That "design" does work well, but the parts are too easy to scavenge when the task at hand is done! My later, more permanent, design is to use I-beams. Two beams each 12ft long. Welded loops on one edge of one and front& back edge of the other. Run 4' of chain between them and then run a chain to the tractor. The I-beams are flat edge to the tractor.

/ Box Blade 8 Acres?? #38  
You are putting the the cart before the horse. I wouldn't do any thing before the house is completed. You are going to have fill left over from the footing and foundation and from a septic field. You will probably put this around the foundation so the water runs away from the house. You are going to have trucks and equiptment coming in to dig the foundation and pour the concrete.The softer the ground the worse they will rut it up.
Bill

/ Box Blade 8 Acres?? #39  
You are putting the the cart before the horse. I wouldn't do any thing before the house is completed. You are going to have fill left over from the footing and foundation and from a septic field. You will probably put this around the foundation so the water runs away from the house. You are going to have trucks and equiptment coming in to dig the foundation and pour the concrete.The softer the ground the worse they will rut it up.
Bill

very true!!!

/ Box Blade 8 Acres??
Bill

That is true. Can you tell I'm anxious to get out there!! :D With the cold weather coming in, I'll probably have to put this project off till the spring anyway...