BOX BLADE BUILD?

/ BOX BLADE BUILD? #11  
20 TO 30 HOURS!!!!:eek:
once the peices where laying in front of you i can see myself spending maybe 2-3 hours at the most welding and cleaning up.
I would "borrow" the measurments from another box blade, and purchase the "teeth". At this point its just an idea, probably just drop the 450 and buy one

ditto that.. measure up an 'expensive' model.. let their engineers do al the work.. then buzz it together yourself.

soundguy

/ BOX BLADE BUILD?
build problem solved, found a new one for 290.00, some local mfg making them.
I will post pics when i get it, and modify if needed

/ BOX BLADE BUILD? #14  
I got a KingKutterXB 48'' boxblade for $425 and it has never let me down. Now how many 14 year olds have their own tractor implements and are saving for a new tractor. When I get enough money, ill start posting to see what is best price and durrability range. 20-30 hp.

/ BOX BLADE BUILD?
OK got the 290.00 box blade, the low cost of the unit is very visable, but being a boxblade im not that worried about it.

here is what i noticed in the different price ranges.
#1 front bolt on cutting edge / rear just a peice of metal welded and painted (push side)
#2 teeth, the one i got has 2 piece teeth, the "cutting edge" is a pressed on piece
#3 3 point hook up bars and supports, mine does have the average strap pieces running to the back, thick material. some have a large plate on each side that is solid from top to bottom and to the back
#4 pins that hold the teeth, mine are small but the teeth holes are much larger.

I will post pics as soon as my wife gives my dang memory stick back,

The rest of my post on here will be how i beef up the cheep box blade to add weight and strength. The cost was 290.00 and i figure i will spend about 50-100 in steel to add weight and girth to the thing.

oh and by the way yesterday was the first time i had my BH off, quick and easy even holding the directions in my hand doing it, lol

/ BOX BLADE BUILD?
2 pieces 3/8" plate 18 x 24 $41.50
1 piece 1/4" x 5 x 10 free. ( shop needed a 5 foot piece)
that will add aprox 150lbs to unit

I will weld the 3/8 plate to the sides and the 1/4 strap to the back, this will also make a good point to mount a ball for a trailer

/ BOX BLADE BUILD?
ForDad003.jpg

as you can see the metal was thin

and here is the "bulk up" on the unit, but i have not welded the back plate in yet

For20Dad200011.jpg