Dirt Moving Box Blade for JD 755

/ Box Blade for JD 755 #1  

malwayne55

Tractor
1986 JD 755 (MFWD, PS, HST, Loader).
I looking to purchase a box blade for the JD 755 (4 wd) and would like opinions on a 4 or 5 footer. Initially, I would be using it to change a garden back to a grass area, some light landscaping around the house after removing small trees/bushes and maintaining a long driveway. Thanks

/ Box Blade for JD 755 #3  
I have a 5ft for my 855 and I feel like it is the right size. It really depends if you will use it more as a leveling blade or something that you will dig with.

/ Box Blade for JD 755 #4  
I have a five foot box. I like it for the 500 pounds it provides for FEL counterweight. But there are times when cutting/leveling dirt and the box starts to fill it can seem like a four foot one might be better. Problem there is it would be more narrow than the tractor tires. If someone made a heavy duty four and one half foot one that could be ideal. So short answer is if you need the weight a five foot can be best, but if not a smaller one could work OK.

/ Box Blade for JD 755 #5  
I have a four footer for my 790. The reason for a four footer is the use of it in the tree farm, where width issues come into play when in use in-between trees. Its a frontier BB2048 and a heavy, stout little thing it is.

So, working area should have some say with the size of the implement, only time I wish I had a wider box blade was leveling a larger area of about half acre or so.

For removing brush and small trees, I do not believe a wider box will be of advantage because of finding large and or many roots with even one ripper, its a hard pull, and just gets harder with more rippers down in my experience. But for driveway work and yard leveling, a wider box blade might be the way to go.

I would get a heavy duty box blade regardless of the width you choose also.

/ Box Blade for JD 755 #6  
I have a four footer for my 790. The reason for a four footer is the use of it in the tree farm, where width issues come into play when in use in-between trees. Its a frontier BB2048 and a heavy, stout little thing it is.

So, working area should have some say with the size of the implement, only time I wish I had a wider box blade was leveling a larger area of about half acre or so.

For removing brush and small trees, I do not believe a wider box will be of advantage because of finding large and or many roots with even one ripper, its a hard pull, and just gets harder with more rippers down in my experience. But for driveway work and yard leveling, a wider box blade might be the way to go.

I would get a heavy duty box blade regardless of the width you choose also.

Good comments. I rarely if ever use all five rippers on mine for those reasons. Also times two on whatever size you buy, make sure it is a true heavy duty one. There are lots of lightweight ones out there for a cheap price. Spend the extra money for a good one. When comparing, weight can be your first clue.

/ Box Blade for JD 755 #7  
Good comments. I rarely if ever use all five rippers on mine for those reasons. Also times two on whatever size you buy, make sure it is a true heavy duty one. There are lots of lightweight ones out there for a cheap price. Spend the extra money for a good one. When comparing, weight can be your first clue.

This is generally true and I was going to buy a 5ft Woods for my 855 until I saw it and realized that it was too heavy duty for my tractor. The tractor supply (KK) is plenty heavy duty for a small tractor like mine in my opinion unless I run into something at high speed...which would also break some other parts I am sure...
For a 755 I would try to get a 54 on 60 inches medium duty. It is easier to level with a wider box. I would only consider narrower if I was going to dig a lot with it.