box blade for my bx23?

/ box blade for my bx23? #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
I would like to buy a box blade to groom logging roads etc in my atv club.iM LOOKING AT THE COUNTY LINE AT TSC.Can i handle the 5 footer ok,mostly gravel roads and mabey an occasional parking lot .Is this brand ok?
ALAN

/ box blade for my bx23? #2  
I think a 4 footer would be the better size. However, if you are primarily grooming gravel/dirt roads, then take a long look at a grading scraper. I have had a box blade for some time, and recently bought a Landpride 48" grading scraper to manage my gravel driveways. The grading scraper is way, way better at working the roadway compared to a box blade.

/ box blade for my bx23? #4  
I have 48 & 72" boxblades for my I'd 2320. They both work great. I use the 48" for earth work and the 72" for gravel and snow jobs. You'll be fine with 60". Have fun.

/ box blade for my bx23? #5  
With regard to the box blade at Tractor Supply

- read the reviews at their web site. Some negative reports

- The Land Pride BB1248 from your Kubota dealer will probably be cheaper than the County Line. Mine was.

/ box blade for my bx23? #6  
I have used a 5' bb on our BX2660 as well as 4' and now use only the 4' as it is just handier, but the BX will be OK with a 5'.

/ box blade for my bx23? #7  
I have a 4' box blade for my BX2360; when it's filled with material it's pretty heavy - I would not want to pull a heavier one personally.

/ box blade for my bx23? #8  
I own a B2620 with a Landpride BB1554 (54") box scraper, and when it is full of material, it is hard to pull! If I where you I'd go with the smaller one. I am not too impressed with my box scraper for gravel road maintenance, I would op for the grading scraper as Danner mentionned.

/ box blade for my bx23?
Sounds like ill get a 48 then.Im gonna call the place that i bought my tractor from and see how much a long time brand such as woods would be.It might be easier to get teeth for it down the road vs a fly by night brand .
I do have a rear blade ,but i want something to chew up the surface and lay it back down as i go.I also have a woods rake too.
Ive never used a box scraper so tell me if im thinking correct,If i run the cutters down into the road base a few inches this will loosen the surface and help me fill the box.When i get some in it i lift it up slightly to deposit it in low place,or do i just leave it down and a say tire rut will fill in on its own?I need some box blading 101 please:eek:
ALAN