Box Blade on a BX

/ Box Blade on a BX #1  

Iowan

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota's
I'm thinking about a box blade for my BX and wondering what you are using on yours.
( size, brand etc. )
Thanks, Iowan

/ Box Blade on a BX #2  
i'm using a united 48". happy with the build quality, and the size seems appropriate. i would certainly recommend it based on my experience.

it's nice and heavy. i haven't had a need to add any weight to it for my applications so far (mainly stripping turf and creating swales to divert storm water). it's also GREAT for moving soil, easier and higher capacity than the FEL. downside of course is that it can do some damage to the turf you're dragging over, but surprisingly little IMHO. this box allows for all four scarifiers to be positioned upside-down for transport or hauling soil, another feature that i can remember not being available on all models that i compared.

i can remember while shopping for it that some of the SCUT-specific models are pretty light and a few users talked of having to add weights to get them to dig in properly.

FWIW the owner's manual for the BX specifies max width of 48" and max weight of 375# for box blades. mine weighs ~320#.

i'd be hesitant to drag anything wider. with a good load or the scarifiers set aggressively this thing will stop my BX dead.

United 448HD Heavy Duty Tractor Box Blade 48"

Last edited:
   / Box Blade on a BX #3  
I have a 48" Farm Force from TSC. Perfect match and works great.

Attachments

• 122608_13331.jpg
    122608_13331.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 3,594
  • 122608_13332.jpg
    122608_13332.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 1,986
  • 122608_14291.jpg
    122608_14291.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 1,496
   / Box Blade on a BX #4  
I've got a Landpride BB0548 , built like a tank, Kubota orange I am very pleased with it.

/ Box Blade on a BX #5  
I have a King Kutter. Like the LandPride, built like a tank. Don't cheap out on it unless you're going to only use it on occasion. I've used mine for snow and dirt and have had great luck with both. Everything attachments has a great video on how to use the box blade also. I learned a lot from it.

/ Box Blade on a BX #6  
I have a United 48" and have (like HeLa above) been very pleased with the build quality and performance. It's very sturdy and has been plenty stout and heavy enough for the jobs I've done with it. For what it's worth, I recently acquired a lightly used Woods GBC48 as part of a larger transaction and had to choose between keeping the Woods or the United when it was time to sell one with my former BX. New retail on the Woods would have been a few hundred bucks more than the United (around here anyway), but I had no trouble holding onto the United and letting the Woods go.

/ Box Blade on a BX #7  
Ditto,

I had this on my BX25, no complaints.

What will you be using it for? The reason I ask is that I have a rear blade now for my JD. I thought the box blade for me was the right implement that I needed, but now have learned what I really needed was a rear blade.

I've got a Landpride BB0548 , built like a tank, Kubota orange I am very pleased with it.

/ Box Blade on a BX #8  
I have a 48" king kutter (orange) also. Used it to grade my yard and driveway. All sorts of uses for it. It is built like a tank. I have abused it and no problems. King Kutter.jpg

/ Box Blade on a BX #9  
I had a King Kutter XB. I did not like it. With the lift arms lowered all the way you could barely hook up to it. The older BX's may not have this problem since they are limited Cat 1. When you were using it if you ran over a bump or were going of the hill the box blade would come off of the ground. Measure your lift arms all the way down to the center of the ball and measure the lift arm pins on the box blade before you buy one. You probably want the pins to be 3'' higher on the box blade than what your lift arms all the way down. The heavier a box blade is the better it will work. A Land Pride BB1248 would be nice or a 48" united. The ultimate box blade for a BX would be something like a Landpride BB1548.

/ Box Blade on a BX #10  
Check out our 48" Xtreme Compact Box Blade and I think you'll be very pleased. We use a solid welded hitch instead of a bolted hitch like many of the LP models. Our box blades are also quick attach and i-match compatible.