Box Scraper Box Blade Question???

/ Box Blade Question??? #11  
How does shift? I should go for a demo at the dealer, but I'd be interested in your opinions if you can compare the shifting to the earlier 9000s. They shifted great for a tractor. My 105 shifts more like a tank with a Czech gearbox.

/ Box Blade Question???
How does shift? I should go for a demo at the dealer, but I'd be interested in your opinions if you can compare the shifting to the earlier 9000s. They shifted great for a tractor. My 105 shifts more like a tank with a Czech gearbox.

I can't compare to the earlier 9000s, but I can tell you that the transmission was quite firm to shift when new. Now that i've got some hours on the Hobbs and things are broken-in, shifting has become more smooth and fluid.

/ Box Blade Question??? #14  
Wow, sounds smooth as 10 grit toilet paper!

jb

Well, not quite that badly, just not as light as the 9000. The biggest trouble is getting it into third gear- the shiftgate is very stiff and sometimes won't go into third, especially when roading it. Dealer was quite surprised to hear that, especially after almost 500hrs on the meter. I expect them to take care of it when things slow down and I can lay it up for a while.