Box blade weight

/ Box blade weight #11  
Do you have a picture of that?
Well, i do now! I walked over to it just for you šŸ¤£
1701041015420.jpeg

/ Box blade weight #12  
I've been on here and other parts of the internet looking for a DIY solution to my box blade issue but before I could collect all the supplies that were required from a particular thread I read on here, I ended up finding a quick and easy resolve.
Back story - I help maintain a gravel road that sees a lot of traffic of all sorts and speeds which constantly creates potholes and wash boards
I have a TYM T474 with a woods box blade but it wasn't heavy enough and just seemed to skipped along the hard packed gravel. I needed more weight but I didn't want to cover up any access I had to the tines in the front of the box. Secondly I didn't want to spend a heap of cash for the dozen trips I might make a season ... I found some great ideas on here and came close to purchasing supplies when i came across an ad on my local fb marketplace and found a free cast iron hot water radiator 55 " long must weigh 350 lbs . I just had to remove it from the sellers home.I strapped it to the rear of my box blade it fits nicely on the rear side of the blade perfectly out of my way. Now combine that with my hydraulic top link I have a completely different animal to tear up the ground with ... if you need heavy weight and don't want to fart around with cement or other concoctions maybe this will solve your needs too
I put a 55 gal oil drum on top of my harrow. Fill with water to desired weight, and let it out to take it off or just make it so the front of the tractor is not so light. Or, to take the drum off. I just have it strapped on with load straps. Works great for me.