Box Blade

/ Box Blade #11  
I bought mine from TSC and it's held up fine. I managed to bend the mounting linkage once but it was my own fault, trying to push a stump in reverse with the box way up high.

/ Box Blade #12  
Buying just the right box blade at a price you can afford is harder than one would think. I will let you know just as soon as I have it down pat. Right now my preference is Land Pride and Woods, but own others that work really well too.

Contrary to some, I believe you can over buy as well as under buy though it is much less likely.

/ Box Blade
MESSMAKER said:
That is quite a price. Do you need such a beast? You should be able to find a decent BB for less than 1/2 that, probably less. You do not have the weight or the traction to generate the force needed to destroy most well built Box blades. I am not slamming your tractor at all. I just think you may be overspending.

I would buy the United again, but it is not the best. Kingw Kutter (Heavy Duty not the regular line) is a good looking unit. Woods is hard to beat. They make some that look to be made like a tank.

I was not considering that box blade however I would like to have it, I could not jutify that price. I am leaning towards a woods or bush hog because I can buy them local

/ Box Blade
Swamp Yankee said:
Have you considered used? I just bought an ancient, 60 inch box grader from a friend for $200. Not sure the brand, but it's a beast. There aren't a lot of moving parts on these to wear out.

I would settle for a nice used one but I can't find one.

/ Box Blade #15  
I purchased a Bush-Hog brand box blade...medium duty,SQ72 I think,its not right here to get a number.My tractor is 44hp and this box seems to work well with this tractor.There are not a lot of moving parts on a box blade,pretty hard to mess it up.

/ Box Blade
nybirdman said:
I purchased a Bush-Hog brand box blade...medium duty,SQ72 I think,its not right here to get a number.My tractor is 44hp and this box seems to work well with this tractor.There are not a lot of moving parts on a box blade,pretty hard to mess it up.

Do the scarfires go very deep on it? I have heard that some of the scarfires on bush blades barely go in the ground.

/ Box Blade #17  
Buying just the right box blade at a price you can afford is harder than one would think. I will let you know just as soon as I have it down pat. Right now my preference is Land Pride and Woods, but own others that work really well too.

Contrary to some, I believe you can over buy as well as under buy though it is much less likely.

I agree that one can over buy. But what do you have when you over buy? Answer, a nice piece of equipment that will stay that way. All that you are out is some money. If money is tight, then that is a big problem. :( If you under buy, then you have a junk piece of equipment, your out money twice, :eek: and the inconvenience of it all. The ideal situation is to be able to purchase exactly what is needed, but when in doubt I believe that a person is better off to get a better grade than one that you are not sure about.

Just my :2cents:

/ Box Blade #18  
I agree that one can over buy. But what do you have when you over buy? Answer, a nice piece of equipment that will stay that way. All that you are out is some money. If money is tight, then that is a big problem. :( If you under buy, then you have a junk piece of equipment, your out money twice, :eek: and the inconvenience of it all. The ideal situation is to be able to purchase exactly what is needed, but when in doubt I believe that a person is better off to get a better grade than one that you are not sure about.

Just my :2cents:

By "over buy", I mean too big and too heavy, not necessarily quality though that might factor in. As mentioned I prefer the top brands, but own/use others. Money was a consideration when I bought my Land Pride BB2584 for our L5030, it was about as good as I could afford. If I had not been buying other tractors and equipment, I would have considered going with the HR35 and if I ever recover financially may still get one, but my BB2584 works fine and I need/want so many other things too.

Like I said, it is a balancing act, size/weight/cost and I have not quite mastered it all and probably never will.

Last edited:
   / Box Blade
I called the local mahindra dealer and they had a priefert box blade. It looks really nice. That is the one I am going with. 72 Inch Box Blade

/ Box Blade
I got the box blade today. Today was the first time I used one. I like it really well. I like the construction of this box blade especially how the metal is braced going to the toplink hook up. The welds look really good on it too. The scarifiers will go deep in the ground, they have 4 adjustments.

IMG_20110420_153951.jpg

IMG_20110420_153634.jpg

IMG_20110420_154000.jpg