Box Scraper Box Scraper needed

/ Box Scraper needed #1  

Momboy007

Silver Member
Tractor
Jinma 304
Hello All,
I was hoping to get some help if possible. I just sold my old Ford 651 and the new buyer wanted the box scraper as well. I let the tractor go with it, it was a Woods 60". I have been pricing out a new one and they are $700 plus????
Wow, was I surprised! I then checked on a Brush Hog 60" and they (Kubota Dealer) wanted $900 for his Wow again.
Any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again,

p.s. Forgot to mention, I live in Temecula Ca between LA and San Diego
Rick

/ Box Scraper needed #2  
Tractor supply. King Kutter. check them out and you didn't say what size.
Jim

/ Box Scraper needed
Sorry Jim,
I want a 60" or 72", I don't have a Tractor Supply near me, Will they ship?
Thanks for the quick response,
Rick

/ Box Scraper needed #4  
I would want one as wide as my tractor, how wide is your tractor, and you must have farm type stores in San Diego, it cant be all highways there
try King Kutter Incorporated and ask for dealers In your area
Jim

/ Box Scraper needed #5  
I recommend doing some leg work. Go to all the local dealers and see if they have used stuff or new stuff that has been in inventory for a long time. I found good deals on a Frontier and a Bush Hog both of which were new but a bit rusty from being on the lot a long time. I let the Frontier (JD) get sold out from under me because I hesitated but got the Bush Hog for considerably less than $900, I think it was $750.

The KK and Howse brands are fine and a lot of folks have them and they probably get you a lot of bang for the buck. The Bush Hog is beefier than these and has captured pins, which is nice. But, if I hadn't found the Bush Hog for cheap I probably would have gotten the KK. Northern Tool also carries 3pt attachments.

/ Box Scraper needed #6  
I just picked up a Hinged back 60" TSC bruch hog with captured pins that weighs 520 pounds for $578.00. I felt it was a good deal.........Click link to see Box Blade....

King Kutter Incorporated

/ Box Scraper needed #7  
i just got a gannon box scraper with manual fold down rippers at north county equipment. it is used got it for 725 the new land-pride ones were @900. sometimes he has a used one and i dont think he markes them up alot( for san diego equip.prices) he is located in escondido.. jon

/ Box Scraper needed #8  
I just picked up a Bush Hog SBX 72 for $600 at a local dealer. On my bota L4330 it is a great box. Haven't had any problems spreading rocks, sand, clay or crushed asphalt which is always the real test for a good box.

/ Box Scraper needed #9  
   / Box Scraper needed #10  
MB007,

I was amazed at how many little privately owned places there are here in the central valley that just handle used implements and nothing else. You won't find them listed on any tractor manufacturer's web site as a dealer. Just about the only way to find them is yellow pages or local farmers who've been around since the days before family farms were mostly bought out by big agribusinesses.

Go to a local library that has all the yellow pages books and check out all the ag towns over in the Imperial Valley. These little private businesses don't do as well these days with the big ag companies as they did when there were lots of little family farms, and you might find some used implements at some real bargain prices, and close enough that you can drive over and pick up what you want in a couple of hours.

Good Luck!