Box Scraper Box scraper

/ Box scraper #1  

Degolyerent

Gold Member
I found a used box blade on Craigslist it is a Gill SR25 for $250, it needs the ripper teeth but otherwise it is in really good condition. Does anybody know about this style box? Is it a good buy?

/ Box scraper #2  
I don't know anything about that box blade, to say whether it's good or not, but check out this link and add up how much it's going to cost you to replace the scarifiers before you make your buying decisions.

OEM Parts

The shank point assembly is about $60, and the point is about $15. Multiply by the number of teeth in your blade. Do you also need the lift/drop assembly, or is that included?

You don't say how wide the blade is. Around here, a 4' blade seems to go for about $300 used. A 5' blade around $350-400. A 6' blade around $400-500. Prices vary by $50-$100 or so, depending on condition.

It looks like a pretty heavy-duty blade, from my web searching. I see used ones going for $650 to $900.

/ Box scraper
I have some pics of blade

Attachments

• image-2402565929.jpg
    image-2402565929.jpg
    674.4 KB · Views: 383
  • image-1492903394.jpg
    image-1492903394.jpg
    777.3 KB · Views: 1,019
   / Box scraper #5  
Looks like a heavy duty and well used boxblade to me, lots of wear on the side plates. I would probably try it as is, might work well without the scarifiers for most thinkgs. If you need the points you can add them easy enough. I think $250 is a good deal for a hinged back and hydraulic scarifiers.

/ Box scraper #6  
It would look nice with a little paint.

/ Box scraper
I got the box, I don't have time to paint it right now as I have to fix the old box blade first so I will have something to use while painting this one. The other one I have has a bent blade from catching it on a stump that was just under the surface, the angle it mounts to has to be cut out and replaced so I bought this one to use while I repair the other. The end plates aren't worn they appear to be because it is sunk down in the sand in the pic. I will put some more pics of it on the tractor soon, it really works good!!