BOX TRUCK

/ BOX TRUCK
1*what type of truck is it?
2* Does it have 4 rear wheels or 2?
3*Do you know the gross vehicle weight?
4*Does the truck have a low bed (with wheel wells in the box) or is it a dock height (flat cargo area)?
=======================
1* 1995 ford f 350.
2*I think 4
3*No but can find out.
4*Something else to check.
Truck was bought new and used by a furniture store to deliver furniture and appliances.
Have known the owner for 35 or 40 years.
He is closing the business and retiring otherwise the truck wouldn't be available.
Looks to be in good shape for a 1995.
Have no Idea what it may be worth.

/ BOX TRUCK #12  
I'm going to guess it is an "E"350 not an "F"350. F is the designation for pick up trucks. E is for the van/cutaways. We are currently running one E series truck. There are some F's with box bodies, but if this is an F instead of an E then the likelyhood is that the rear wheels are going to be a little farther forward, which could be a problem in balancing the load inside the truck so it is not too front or rear heavy (either could damage the truck).

If you don't have 4 wheels on the back end, then you probably don't have the weight capacity to carry the tractor (about 99% sure of that answer) and if you do have 4 wheels on the back then you have about a 75% chance of having enough weight capacity.

The GVW is only a rough indication of what the weight capacity will be. If the GVW is under 12,000# then you need to double check the weight of the tractor and then TRIPLE check the load capacity of the truck. I suspect the truck will not have the capacity if the GVW is 12,000 or less, but that is just my guess.

/ BOX TRUCK #13  
Forget this.

Rent or borrow a trailer. Way less risk of damage to truck or tractor. It's almost like they were made for this sort of thing.