Boxblade Scarifiers--Design and Operation Issues

/ Boxblade Scarifiers--Design and Operation Issues #21  
Glen
Here is a photo of my boxblade. It is properly sized for the 2710/2910.

Rick

Attachments

• 5-61333-box_scrape-2.jpg
    5-61333-box_scrape-2.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 163
   / Boxblade Scarifiers--Design and Operation Issues #22  
Is a 2572 landpride box too big for the 2910?
Thanks

/ Boxblade Scarifiers--Design and Operation Issues #23  
I don't have my catalogue in front of me. The key is size. Is the 2572 72 inches wide? If so its probably too wide for a 2910. I am sure it would work for some light duty work but you could not use the extra width and beefiness to advantabe. Your tractor would bog down in anything but the lightest soils.

Rick

/ Boxblade Scarifiers--Design and Operation Issues #24  
(1) I've seen several variations on depth adjustments; ranging from 2 to 4 or so. I've got a Woods GB48, and it has two, which is sufficient with also having the T&T.

(2)Yeah, I've heard that too. The Woods has a simple pin that drops behind each scarifier to press it against a shelf, with a coresponding notch in each scarifier. The pin is held in place with a clip. Very simple, very easy. Seems pretty reliable.

(3) I have no knowledge of rollover boxes.

(4) ditto

(5) ditto

(6)ditto

(7)ditto

The GlueGuy

/ Boxblade Scarifiers--Design and Operation Issues #25  
I have a 48 inch box by "gannon". It has 4 scarifiers and has 3 depth settings. The scarifier is held in place with a 'spring pin' as shown below.
scarifier.jpg

2 of them come out easy. One comes out with a little work. One requires pliers to remove. I could probably hit it with a hammer a few times to make it easier to install and remove.

I don't know anything about hydrolic scarifiers.