Braber 72" snow blower modifications

/ Braber 72" snow blower modifications #1  

DaveOmak

Platinum Member
Tractor
'53 Jubilee
Somehow, I managed to make my new snow plow user friendly... I installed a 50 RPM gear motor, with chain drive, for rotating the blower chute... I needed a back blade to move snow from hard to reach areas... I installed a 2000# winch to raise and lower the back blade... All in all it works very well... This stuff was added during snowing cold conditions so paint will have to wait....
The original crank handle had an odd diameter.. I inserted 3/4" copper so a 7/8 bore chain sprocket would slide on.. with couplings on the copper pipe, it was a tight fit to insert in the original handle.. works very well...
Snow Blower Modifications 005.JPG...Snow Blower Modifications 006.JPG...Snow Blower Modifications 016.JPG

Winch and pulleys installed to lift and lower the back blade ...
Snow Blower Modifications 002.JPG...Snow Blower Modifications 003.JPG...Snow Blower Modifications 007.JPG...Snow Blower Modifications 009.JPG

Overall, I'm very happy with the mods.. The back blade needs some weight added to it.. when it warms up, I will do that.. Paint will happen then too..

Thanks for looking.. any questions I'm around....

/ Braber 72" snow blower modifications #2  
I have the same blower I'm using behind my Kubota L3400 (30hp @pto) and am very happy. I'm waiting for a few more big snow falls before I post up a review. How's your sight line to the back blade?
what does your control look like for the motor and winch? where did you get the gear motor?

/ Braber 72" snow blower modifications
Makermotor Electric Gear Motor 12v Low Speed 50 RPM Gearmotor DC + Roller Chain Sprocket Gear

Superwinch LT2000 12V Utility Winch (2,000lb)

These items and fitment items were purchased on Amazon..
I can't see the back blade... I've been thinking about a vertical rod attached to the corner for visual reference.. I haven't had to get that close to objects where I plow currently...
The chute rotation is "currently" on the cowling... I put it in the wrong place.. Thinking of relocating it, to the back of the seat, so I'm looking at the chute while it's rotating.. It's a DPDT switch the supplier of the gear motor sells...
I've added a picture of the copper pipe, coupling and crank handle marriage...
If I can be of any further assistance... Don't hesitate to ask... Dave
It is a pretty awsome snowblower.... Does a great job, and priced right...

Attachments

• Gear Motor.jpg
    Gear Motor.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 249
  • Winch.jpg
    Winch.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 223
  • Snow Blower Modifications 012.JPG
    Snow Blower Modifications 012.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 239
  • Snow Blower Modification 009.JPG
    Snow Blower Modification 009.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 240
FWIW... The thru bolts that the blade pivots on, I think they are 14mm and 1/2 copper pipe is used as a bushing.. The pipe is about 1/8" long and crushed with the nut...

/ Braber 72" snow blower modifications #5  
I like your back blade. Thanks for taking the time to post your pics and description.

Anytime I can clarify or add more information, ask away......
I added weight to the back blade a few days ago... It was a ~6' section of power pole... dropped it in between the ,side brace legs... the angled braces are about 2" lower than the top of the side braces, as can be seen in the picture... Drilled a 1/2" hole through the blade and 10" diameter pole section and secured it with 7/16" all-thread...

Here is how I installed the "blade weight" for more effective snow removal..

snow blower2 0012.jpg..snow blower2 001.JPG..snow blower2 002.JPG..snow blower2 003.JPG..snow blower2 004.JPG..