Bracket for BX2230 snowblower manual chute rotator

/ Bracket for BX2230 snowblower manual chute rotator #1  

astor

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Bx2230
Hi guys,
I purchased a new front mount Kubota snowblower for my BX2230. When I was mounting it the bracket for the manual chute rotator would not fit onto the valve mount. I called the dealer and he told me that because I have the new valve on my tractor they will have to "make" me a bracket as the one they gave me was for the old valve style. I was wondering if anyone out there could post a picture of the correct bracket for the manual chute rotator crank so I could look at it and maybe know what I am trying to get.

Thanks,
Steve

/ Bracket for BX2230 snowblower manual chute rotator #2  
Last that I have heard, Kubota still hasn't addressed this question and has their heads in a dark place on the solution. Looks like it is going to be up to the dealers to resolve the issue. I have asked a few times and there has never been an answer other than we are working on it. At the rate that they move, the snow will have come and be gone before Japan approves a fix...

/ Bracket for BX2230 snowblower manual chute rotator #3  
I ran into this exact problem when I traded in my BX22000 on a BX23 and then tried to mount the snowblower on the 23. All I did was put the old bracket in the vise and then bend it back about 30 degrees. I also drilled a new hole in the bracket due to the bolt spacing differences (I think the new bolt spacing is 2 15/16", but I don't recall for sure.) I posted a "heads-up" thread a couple of weeks ago that you might search for. It lists a couple of issues I ran into when putting my snowblower on a new BX23. (I encountered no major issues.)

/ Bracket for BX2230 snowblower manual chute rotator
Spudgunner,
Thanks for the info, the dealer said he will make one and UPS it to me free of charge this week. If he doesn't come through I will try to alter the one I have like you did. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks,
Steve