#%~# Bradford Pear thorns

/ #%~# Bradford Pear thorns #11  
In Michigan and I'm sure other places we have a wicked tree known as a Thornapple. These bad boys have tough woody thorns up to 4" long and the whole tree is covered with them like a stinkin' cactus. A buddy of mine lost his balance while we were grouse hunting a thornapple grove and tipped onto a trunk with his shoulder and got stabbed with a (fortunately) short thorn about an inch long which broke off and we had to dig it out. One good thing about thornapples is the thorns aren't barbed, just spikey and pointy like Jesus' crown.

/ #%~# Bradford Pear thorns #12  
What you call thornapple sounds like what we call honey locust. Multiple point thorns up to a foot long.

/ #%~# Bradford Pear thorns
just checked rears NO AIR PRESSURE IN BOTH REAR TIRES !? $&@:/-;""#%^*~<>€£¥~\{}#%^* All 4 of my 122 hrs tractor have flats. What should I do? Besides take out a bank loan or use credit card. ,trip to a tire place for sure Stupid A$$h&@!"If it was raining gold bricks I would get hit in the head with a lump of coal. No good deed goes unpunished . anybody got any suggestions?

/ #%~# Bradford Pear thorns #14  
Consider adding special puncture resistant tubes and tire liners/guards.

I have wrestled with tires at home. I prefer having a tire shop do tire work. Tire shops have the right tools.

LINK: tractor tire inner liners - Google Search

No change.

Liners and puncture resistant tubes is your cheap option.

Foaming is your more expensive option.

Gibberish does not add a thing.

/ #%~# Bradford Pear thorns #15  
While not helpful to your situation, I try to cut down these vicious trees when I see them. Fire is also involved when possible. I guess I should have glyphosophate on hand according to some articles. There are some heavier duty stop leak you can get. See second link. http://phinizycenter.org/callery-pear-and-bradford-pear/

Note that the one tractor I drove that had foam filled retired aircraft tires was like riding in a low rider car. Tires are your suspension in a tractor. The foam filled in combination with the 20 ply aircraft tires were not supple. I would rather do the sealants. Gensco Tire. Home of the no flat aircraft tire.

/ #%~# Bradford Pear thorns #17  
AmerSeal tire sealant, I have had this in a newholland tc35 , and have it now in a farmall 40,skidsteer, cub cadet lawn tractor, and in 1 of my trailer tires I couldn't find a slow leak in. Both tractors were/are used to mow developed and undeveloped property. The undeveloped property has some locust trees on it and there were several old farm buildings demolished and debris removed.. UGLY mowing. AmerSeal works, don't skimp. put in plenty.AmerSeal Tire Sealant – The World’s Greatest Tire Sealant.

/ #%~# Bradford Pear thorns #18  
What you call thornapple sounds like what we call honey locust. Multiple point thorns up to a foot long.

We have honey locust up here as well but the thornapples trunks, branches and everything are covered in long wicked thorns. They also bear small fruit about the size of a little grape that the grouse feed on. Honey locust in Michigan have normal bark on the the trunk for the most part and no fruit.

/ #%~# Bradford Pear thorns #19  
All grafted pear varieties are grafted to wild pear root stock. Wild pears have those wicked thorns and they do bear small hard pears. I had a pear tree the previous owners let go. It had 15 suckers up from the roots bearing the thorns, the pear tree itself was a nice Bartlett bearing real nice apples and no thorns. Some of the suckers were 4" in diameter and some were growing 3' out from the trunk. After cutting off the suckers they promptly sprouted back up. Took several applications of geo-phosphate to the stumps to get them to die. Reminds me of those da**ed black hawthorn trees b ut they are worse, the roots never seem to die.

Ron

/ #%~# Bradford Pear thorns
Thanks to all who replied. Decided against the foam after discovering the rears were flat.same for the rest of the sealants. The Gemplers inner liners didn't appear to come in my size but they weren't open to talk to, they were probably my choice if they had my size. I did find a local tire service that will put liners and tubes in,they couldn't give me a price as they didn't have the liners or tubes in stock and will be Monday before they can contact the supplier. Bit the bullet and told them to go ahead and order them. Will take tractor to them next week and they take credit card. Said they would remove as many thorns as possible but unlike a nail,screw,or other metal object they couldn't pull the thorns as the will break off . Hope for the best,it's not a problem if you can throw cash at it. Looked up new tire prices,Sticker Shock!!!, not an option. Will post as the drama unfolds. Never would have thought that those thorns would have done that to those tires. Good luck to all on your projects.