Brake replacement

/ Brake replacement #1  

kidney

Tractor
2004 Kama TS354C
Has anyone put new brakes on their tractor? I have a kama ts354c and just adjusted the brakes to their limit. I have good brakes but was wondering how long they may last and how much of a job it is to replace them? They are drum brakes and In the past I have drove the tractor with the parking brake set. I'm not sure how the you get to them. Thanks.

/ Brake replacement #2  
Take a look at the attachment, I think you'll find that they're dry disc brakes. Even considering the occasional forgetfulness, I expect mine to last longer than I'll probably own the tractor. I haven't worked on a 354 specifically, but working inside the brake housing on my KAMA, both Jinmas, and a Yanmar involved removing the wheels/fenders/floorboards.

//greg//

Attachments

• 855986-304Brakes048.jpg
    855986-304Brakes048.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 258
   / Brake replacement #3  
We stock the shoes, but have not sold any yet...driving with the brakes on will of course shorten the life. How far does the pedal go down before you make contact on the brakes?

/ Brake replacement #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( We stock the shoes)</font>

You've sold 300 Series with drum brakes Chip?

//greg//

/ Brake replacement #5  
Kidneys tractor is a TS not a JM. The brakes on TS are drum, but much larger than 200 series Jinmas that have drum brakes. of course most of them are dry disk. Your KM has wet disk brakes.

/ Brake replacement #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Kidneys tractor is a TS not a JM. The brakes on TS are drum, but much larger than 200 series Jinmas that have drum brakes. of course most of them are dry disk. Your KM has wet disk brakes. )</font>

My mistake. In rereading his original post, I see where I keyed on the 354 and immediately thought Jinma. Overlooked the TS part altogether, sorry. Unfortunately, it's too late to edit the incorrectly posted information.

I woulda sworn my KM454 has mechanical (dry) disc brakes. I'll have to take a 2nd look at the manual.

//greg//

/ Brake replacement
The pedal travels about 2 inches before you feel the brakes.. Does the axle housing and the rear end need to be taken apart? Thanks Chip.