Brake Shoe Riveting.

/ Brake Shoe Riveting.
Great news!

Thanks Bob !! It's so nice to be able to stop on this very sloped property that I live on !!

I was going to do some weed mitigation around my house, but there is one fel cylinder dripping all day long. So once I fix that.....LOL !

/ Brake Shoe Riveting. #13  
Older small aircraft used rivetted brake shoes a lot.
I still have my 'shoe kit' in a tool box somewhere.
LOL, never sell a tool as for sure once gone you'll need it.

/ Brake Shoe Riveting.
Older small aircraft used rivetted brake shoes a lot.
I still have my 'shoe kit' in a tool box somewhere.
LOL, never sell a tool as for sure once gone you'll need it.

Exactly !!

/ Brake Shoe Riveting.
After a little brake shoe wearing in and adjusting, now both brake pedals take about the same foot power to activate each brake. Stopping power has increased greatly up and down the steep driveway !!

After the FEL cylinder is repaired, I'll see if the new brake oil seals (80mm x 50 mm) are doing their job keeping the brake shoes dry !

It's so nice holding this tractor still on a hill !!

/ Brake Shoe Riveting. #16  
Very interesting what type of adhesive did you wind up using behind the brake pads, if any?
I would speculate that an adhesive that had a little bit of give to it would be more likely to survive in that environment.

/ Brake Shoe Riveting.
Very interesting what type of adhesive did you wind up using behind the brake pads, if any?
I would speculate that an adhesive that had a little bit of give to it would be more likely to survive in that environment.

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that no glue ended up being used. All these months later, the riveted pads are stopping the tractor nicely. I can lock the tires up solid on dirt. Haven't tried pavement yet.