Brakes

/ Brakes #1  

martin1

When I push my clutch in the tractor stops now and when I put it in high range 3rd gear it want move it boggs right down when I get moving and shift to 3rd it starts losing power and slows to a stop where do I begin.

/ Brakes #2  
When I push my clutch in the tractor stops now and when I put it in high range 3rd gear it want move it boggs right down when I get moving and shift to 3rd it starts losing power and slows to a stop where do I begin.

Lubricate all of your brake & clutch linkage , Just make sure all of the joints and pivot points are moving freely.

/ Brakes #3  
First welcome to TBN. :)
What type of tractor?
When in 3rd gear are you trying to travel up slope?..enough rpm's?

Sounds like brake hanging up.

/ Brakes
It's a geared 2615 and thats from a level position I can be going down the road and it will just start losing power. The more u push the throttle slower it gets.

/ Brakes #5  
You say its slowing down, are engine rpms droping? or is tractor slowing down and rpms going up?

If rpms are droping as you slow down: pluged fuel filter would be my 1st guess, check filter see if it looks like its colapsed, or posibly dirty air filter or brakes stuck on.

If tractor slows and rpms go up, slipping clutch.

NEW ENGLAND TRACTOR a division of Johnson Automotive Inc.

/ Brakes #6  
Sounds like the parking break is on or the brakes are locked in some way. It will move in low range and stops quickly when the clutch is pushed in. In the higher gears it bogs down. Check your parking break. If you are on a small hill and put it in neutral will it roll?

/ Brakes #7  
Parking brake.

Box blade teeth draggin' the ground behind you? ;)

/ Brakes #8  
flat tires

/ Brakes #9  

I too had this problem with my3510. Found that the rods from the brake pedals to the brakes was not returning completely. Pull them back by hand and they stayed till I used bakes again. Ended up putting springs on the rod to make them return. Now am able to use high range without any problems.

Last edited: