Branch Fell on My Loader

/ Branch Fell on My Loader
Contrary to popular opinion. milk is bad for cats as they are all lactose intolerant. Our cats all get non dairy creamer. It's easier on them digestive wise and it's actually no more than milk today.
Yeah. I was scrambling to find something for a kitten when I had no cat food.

I have given a bite of milk to feral captured kittens to make sure the bowels are active and they're using the litter. Then it is all cat food.

/ Branch Fell on My Loader #32  
My wife is the cat person and she told me and it just so happens that our retired Vet, I lease hay ground from him and I asked him about it and he said it was true, that most all cats are lactose intolerant. Not all, but most. Hay is the farthest thing from my mind presently. Staying warm and keeping the bird feeders full is an almost full time job presently. It's super cold here which is actually good because it kills of the over wintering pests I have to spray for in the spring so it saves me the cost of chemicals.

We don't have a lot of snow either but you do Lou, you are on the other side of the Great Lakes snow machine.

We might have 4" on the ground, nit enough to even be concerned about. What is concerning is the ice that formed prior to the snow that is coating the roadways and it's so cold here that conventional treatments don't work. Lots of people going in the ditches, including my wife, she slid off the edge of the drive with her Suburban and got stuck and I had to call the local recovery company to winch it out. Was gonna use the tractor but where she slid off, there was no way I could get near enough to her vehicle to use a snatch strap on it so I digressed and paid the local tow company a hundred bucks (from her checking account) to pull it out. Under the snow covering it was all mud.

/ Branch Fell on My Loader #33  
I always know when Fed-Ex delivers Chewy because our Aussie knows better than we do. He starts whining then barking and is at the door. He knows when it's 'Chewy Time'... Chewy comes to us in big boxes always, usually 4 or 5 at a crack and my wife says Chewy beats the local prices hands down and she don't have to load the stuff in her car and bring it home and unload it and put it away. We usually have the same Fed-Ex driver and he always puts the boxes on the back deck and when he's done, my wife tips him and our Aussie gets dog treat from him as well.. It's a bi weekly ritual here. Most everyone around here gets Chewy delivered, probably not as much as we do however. I should buy stock in that company, they certainly have a going business. really, the only downside is disposing on the boxes but the burn pile handles that chore quite nicely. I did inquire if they would take the boxes back if I folded them flat but the answer was no.

/ Branch Fell on My Loader #34  
My wife is the cat person and she told me and it just so happens that our retired Vet, I lease hay ground from him and I asked him about it and he said it was true, that most all cats are lactose intolerant. Not all, but most. Hay is the farthest thing from my mind presently. Staying warm and keeping the bird feeders full is an almost full time job presently. It's super cold here which is actually good because it kills of the over wintering pests I have to spray for in the spring so it saves me the cost of chemicals.

We don't have a lot of snow either but you do Lou, you are on the other side of the Great Lakes snow machine.

We might have 4" on the ground, nit enough to even be concerned about. What is concerning is the ice that formed prior to the snow that is coating the roadways and it's so cold here that conventional treatments don't work. Lots of people going in the ditches, including my wife, she slid off the edge of the drive with her Suburban and got stuck and I had to call the local recovery company to winch it out. Was gonna use the tractor but where she slid off, there was no way I could get near enough to her vehicle to use a snatch strap on it so I digressed and paid the local tow company a hundred bucks (from her checking account) to pull it out. Under the snow covering it was all mud.
I'm a long way east of the lakes almost to Vermont. We seldom get much from the lake effect storms. Our worst storms are the NoEasters that travel up the coast and reach inland quite aways. We only have about 6 inchs on the ground at the present time. We have had a few moderate storms, and lots of rain this winter. I would have used my blower for this last storm but I had so many small branches on the driveway from the last wind and rain storm that I figured she would eat a shear bolt or two. So used the blade. Cold and flurries today, single digits this morning and heading that way now 10F.
Pic as of now;
Kitchen 1_Kitchen 1_main_20240120203728_@1.jpg

/ Branch Fell on My Loader #35  
We might have 4" at best. The issue is, I forgot to lift the wiper blades on the vehicles (we park them outside in front of the garage and the garage is full, has my 97 Ford pickup on one side and Amy's Kubota Sidekick on the other and 3 deep freezers up front so we cannot get them inside and we had freezing rain to start out with followed by some snow and very cold temps so they are both encased in ice under snow. Supposed to warm up here on Monday to above freezing so I'll get after both of them then. Not like either one of us has to go anywhere because we don't. Retirement is a nice thing and I'm glad we get along well as well. Have 2 welding jobs in the shop I'm fudging on as well. Not life and death and even if they were, I'd still fudge along, it's that time of the year.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Branch Fell on My Loader #36  
Your power company will prioritize the repairs to get the most customers “on” with the resources ( manpower) available. We see that here. An outage of a few thousands will get fixed before a few hundreds. One big storm here a few yrs ago had several single customer outages around us off for over a week while most were only off for a few hours to a few days.

/ Branch Fell on My Loader
Your power company will prioritize the repairs to get the most customers “on” with the resources ( manpower) available. We see that here. An outage of a few thousands will get fixed before a few hundreds. One big storm here a few yrs ago had several single customer outages around us off for over a week while most were only off for a few hours to a few days.
Not one or two houses.
A community of about 1000 to 2000 homes that went dark.
Several places where lines went down, but several of the outage areas listed were a couple hundred homes.
The power company didn't start working in the area until about day 4. It is now day 8. Many repairs have been made, but most of the community is still dark