Brand bew 135 anyone??

/ Brand bew 135 anyone?? #11  
They look like 150 fenders to me too. The seat also doesnt look like what came on my 70 model or my neighbors 71. That just have to do with where the machines were sold.

/ Brand bew 135 anyone?? #12  
The usual MF 135 seat is a pan with attached cushion on the back and a removable cushion in the bottom. Again, I am no MF expert and haven't seen all the options.

/ Brand bew 135 anyone?? #13  
The 135 was available with flat top fenders as an option. But that's not what stands out to me.

The seat is NOT all original as the ad suggests. 135's were available with a pan seat, or float ride seat as a very common option, but the cushion is NOT original. also, decals aren't original. They are AGCO/MF replacement decals such as is available over their parts counter these days. Also, gauges are all replacements, including tach, giving me cause to doubt the hours shown as accurate, and in turn doubt the entire story.

MF 100 series tractors use a lot of cork gaskets, which seep oil, and did so almost from day one. Claiming no oil leaks on a 40+ year old Massey is a giant red flag. Any oil that did leak stains the flint gray metallic paint. The tractor has been re-painted. Bet my life on that.

/ Brand bew 135 anyone?? #14  
The 135 was available with flat top fenders as an option. But that's not what stands out to me.

The seat is NOT all original as the ad suggests. 135's were available with a pan seat, or float ride seat as a very common option, but the cushion is NOT original. also, decals aren't original. They are AGCO/MF replacement decals such as is available over their parts counter these days. Also, gauges are all replacements, including tach, giving me cause to doubt the hours shown as accurate, and in turn doubt the entire story.

MF 100 series tractors use a lot of cork gaskets, which seep oil, and did so almost from day one. Claiming no oil leaks on a 40+ year old Massey is a giant red flag. Any oil that did leak stains the flint gray metallic paint. The tractor has been re-painted. Bet my life on that.

Keep in mind that the seat may have been an option in other countries, this tractor was not sold in the US. One gauge in not original and the cork was replaced with the Agco available replacements when the engine was done. There is some 'sweat' around the axle seals but it doesn't leak a drop. The original hang tags were on the rad hoses when it was found. This tractor shows no evidence of paint other than the engine block, I had to do that.

No wear on the pedals, original date codes on the goodyears with flashing down the center treads. I purchased it from the estate of the guy that bought it new...

/ Brand bew 135 anyone?? #15  

Glad to see you back posting, others have their doubts on this tractor too.

/ Brand bew 135 anyone?? #16  

Good to see you dropping in Bill. We've all been missing your wit and knowledge of the Ferguson System. Take care and prayers for you that your health will continue to improve. -robert

/ Brand bew 135 anyone?? #17  
Keep in mind that the seat may have been an option in other countries, this tractor was not sold in the US. One gauge in not original and the cork was replaced with the Agco available replacements when the engine was done. There is some 'sweat' around the axle seals but it doesn't leak a drop. The original hang tags were on the rad hoses when it was found. This tractor shows no evidence of paint other than the engine block, I had to do that.

No wear on the pedals, original date codes on the goodyears with flashing down the center treads. I purchased it from the estate of the guy that bought it new...

Cork gaskets used in Tranny, hydraulic sump, and rear end housing. They leaked from day one. Unless ENTIRE chassis was rebuilt at time of engine overhaul, ORIGINAL (ie leaky) gaskets would still be present. That IS a US built 135 regardless of where it was sold. Foreign built models were British spec. That would include straight front axle on that year, rather than US built models still using swept back axle.

/ Brand bew 135 anyone?? #18  
Cork gaskets used in Tranny, hydraulic sump, and rear end housing. They leaked from day one. Unless ENTIRE chassis was rebuilt at time of engine overhaul, ORIGINAL (ie leaky) gaskets would still be present. That IS a US built 135 regardless of where it was sold. Foreign built models were British spec. That would include straight front axle on that year, rather than US built models still using swept back axle.

The rear end parts do sweat but the message was that this thing doesn't drop fluid on the ground. Please enlighten us on the replacement gauges? I'd be happy to take a picture for the collective knowledge base. Also, while everyone is very eager to proclaim that the seat is 'wrong', lets have a look at it and figure it out. My buddy has a 135 bought new from the same dealer, I'll have to take a look at his seat. Please educate us.

This thing was in a damp barn for a long time so its far from perfect, but it is a non-rebuilt tractor... (Aside from what I had to do) Lets call it patina.

Sweating seals
image-1_zps62b183fe.jpg

image-1_zpsf203482a.jpg

image-1_zpsd3eb8d83.jpg

Last edited:
   / Brand bew 135 anyone?? #19  
i just joined after seeing this topic. i have sales literature from 1969 that pictures a 135-150-165 in what appears to be a dry climate area. the 135 in that picture, does have the same seat as this tractor that is in question. we had 2 different 135's purchased new in 68' and71' and i can verify that all but the one guage on the dash are origional. i have been looking at 135s and 150 tractors for sale in the northern ohio area in all kinds of conditionfor the past 4-5 years..this tractor is a mirror image of the 1971 that we had. i felt i had to come to zsink's defense. i saw that picture of his 135 in the barn and thought i wentback in time 40 years.-jim

/ Brand bew 135 anyone?? #20  
i just joined after seeing this topic. i have sales literature from 1969 that pictures a 135-150-165 in what appears to be a dry climate area. the 135 in that picture, does have the same seat as this tractor that is in question. we had 2 different 135's purchased new in 68' and71' and i can verify that all but the one guage on the dash are origional. i have been looking at 135s and 150 tractors for sale in the northern ohio area in all kinds of conditionfor the past 4-5 years..this tractor is a mirror image of the 1971 that we had. i felt i had to come to zsink's defense. i saw that picture of his 135 in the barn and thought i wentback in time 40 years.-jim

Welcome from Ohio, Medina Oh. My 67 does not have that seat and I also have been hunting 135s and have not seen that seat on any of them. But lets get a part # and check it out.