Brand new CB65 backhoe- is this a problem

/ Brand new CB65 backhoe- is this a problem #12  
That is a nice piece of property.

As others have mentioned cylinders will settle over night, but if your engine is running and its dropping I would take a guess at the seals in the cylinder leaking by.

Thanks. That's a small mountain range to the east of Reno, NV, about 8 miles away. The BIG mountains are behind the property and not in the picture-- our new property backs up to the Sierra Nevada range. If you look closely at the photo there is a white vertical spike above the red building on the left. That's the control tower at the Reno, NV airport. About 3-4 miles away.

The backhoe will move (drop) about 1 inch per second (estimate) even while the engine is running. I also noticed when I park the tractor the backhoe is in one position, but overnight it will drop lower than what it was when it was parked. The dealer said that is normal (overnight change) but being able to watch it visually drop on its own while the engine is at high rpm is admittedly not.

/ Brand new CB65 backhoe- is this a problem
Just wanted to circle back and report on this problem. There was a slightly leaking seal inside one of the rams on the backhoe. The dealer visited and fixed it on site. He said every once in a while there is a bad seal even when brand new. I very carefully inspected the seal and could observe nothing wrong with it. But as soon as the replacement seal was installed, everything was normal.

Great dealer service.

/ Brand new CB65 backhoe- is this a problem #14  
Just wanted to circle back and report on this problem. There was a slightly leaking seal inside one of the rams on the backhoe. The dealer visited and fixed it on site. He said every once in a while there is a bad seal even when brand new. I very carefully inspected the seal and could observe nothing wrong with it. But as soon as the replacement seal was installed, everything was normal.

Great dealer service.

I've done quite a few of them.

Rarely, do I see what the problem was, looking at the old seals.

/ Brand new CB65 backhoe- is this a problem #15  
Always good to have an update...

Verdi is kind of out there... at least from what I remember as a child... is there local Dealer support?

/ Brand new CB65 backhoe- is this a problem #16  
Thanks for the update, glad it was fixed for you by the dealer.

/ Brand new CB65 backhoe- is this a problem #17  
I took my backhoe off for the (november)winter and put it on my driveway. It was nice and standing tall, slowly little by little it has started to lower itselft. The pistons are now pretty much bottomed out to the ground, where before when i orginally unhooked everything was nice and standing tall.

Shoudl i be worried about it?

I have not tested to see if it lowers when the engine was running. But it did lower itself overnight when i had it hooked up to the machine.

/ Brand new CB65 backhoe- is this a problem #18  
I took my backhoe off for the (november)winter and put it on my driveway. It was nice and standing tall, slowly little by little it has started to lower itselft. The pistons are now pretty much bottomed out to the ground, where before when i orginally unhooked everything was nice and standing tall.

Shoudl i be worried about it?

I have not tested to see if it lowers when the engine was running. But it did lower itself overnight when i had it hooked up to the machine.

I put mine on a dolly that was made for storing the backhoe, raise the outriggers and then run a bungee cord across from one pad to the other. that is enough to keep them from weeping down over the winter. otherwise they would. also, before I had the dolly they did weep up and the main frame would be pretty well sitting on the ground in the spring.

/ Brand new CB65 backhoe- is this a problem #20  
Yes, if you dont want it to happen just get some chains or tension ratchet straps and tighten them up boom and outriggers it will decrease the droop.