Brand New M7040DT

/ Brand New M7040DT #1  

Big_Cajun

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1130
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on an M7040DT with a Bushhog model 296 rotary cutter. Did the paperwork on 11/29/06 and had it delivered the same day. Just over 4 hours on it so far, but I love it.

I'll post some pictures here in the near future if I get a chance.

BC

/ Brand New M7040DT #2  
Only 4 hours in 4 days?!?!? Let's see. . .24 hours in a day x 4 days = 96 total hours of possible use time.:rolleyes: I would probably have about 89 hours on it by now.:D Why not 96? Gotta sleep, refuel, post on TBN, and take care of bodily functions some time.;)

Seriously though, congratulations on your new tractor. That is one sweet piece of machinery. I am almost shaking thinking of the day when I'll get one.

/ Brand New M7040DT #3  
Hurry up with the pics man! Congrats.

/ Brand New M7040DT #4  
So where are the pics :D
Bob

/ Brand New M7040DT
Sorry for the late pictures...been really busy. Don't have many hours on it, but I keep her busy with hay hauling chores...won't be long and I'll be in the pasture shredding (if it ever stops raining). I love my tractor and would recommend it to anybody!

BC

Attachments

• DSC01120.JPG
    DSC01120.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 371
  • DSC01117.JPG
    DSC01117.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 324
   / Brand New M7040DT #6  
Nice looking tractor. Of course I like it!!:D I can't even imagine doing any brush cutting right now. The pasture is totally brown. Every time I see that tractor I just feel all warm and fuzzy inside!:p I looked at the 200 series Bush Hogs. Did you consider getting the 7' 297?

Have fun on your tractor!

/ Brand New M7040DT #7  
Good choice, what dealer did you purchase from? I remember discussing area dealers with you in a post several months ago.

Also, I see you went with the 296, does it completely cover your tire path? My Woods 6' cutter does cover my tracks quite well but my 5030 is a bit narrower than the M series.

/ Brand New M7040DT
Glowplug: I went with the 296 for $$$ purposes mostly. I know the tractor can handle a much bigger unit, but it works great for mine. I have no complaints with the 296.

JKUB: I went with Progressive in Opelousas (though they have many locations). This tractor was at their New Roads location and was hauled over to my place. Dudley is the Sales Manager there. He is great to work with and is a no non-sense guy.

He gave me the best price around, especially since the tractor has 2 SCVs. Grant it, the price was not MUCH better than the others, but Dudley was great to do business with...I'd do it all over again w/o hesitation.

As far as I can tell, the 296 does a pretty good job of covering my tire path, but I'll be able to make a better judgement when I hit some thich stuff, as I haven't run it through tough stuff yet.

I'm quite happy! Let me know if you need anything regarding Progressive or how the tractor/hog are working out.

Jason

P.S. Where can I buy a nice 3pt disc and hippers?

/ Brand New M7040DT #9  
Big_Cajun,
Glad to hear that you had a good buying experiance. If you are refering to Dudley Mallet, I totally agree with your assessment of him. We purchased several pieces of farm equipment from him back when we were still farming. I was not certain that he was still with Progressive, I spoke to him over a year ago and he told me that he was semi-retired. Best of luck with your tractor.

Jude

/ Brand New M7040DT
Yeah Jude, it is Dudley Mallet. Thanks for the well wishes. I'm currently on the look-out for a pull type disc for the tractor and other various implements, affordalble ones of course...if you hear of any, please PM me.

BC