Branson 2810 Issues

/ Branson 2810 Issues #1  

Scott Damman

Tractor
Toolcat 5600
Hey all, need a little help here, just picked up a used 2007 Branson 2810 and have a couple issues.

1. Last night after putting about 2 hours of use on the tractor it would not shutdown. After lots of poking and prodding I was able to get it to shutdown by pushing the fuel shutoff lever/valve forward (the one connected to the solenoid) further than the solenoid release position. Solenoid seems to be working properly. So my question, as I am waiting on my engine service/parts manual to come in the mail. What can go bad in the fuel shutoff valve? Is it just a matter of changing out the return spring? Anyone experience anything like this? Hoping its not something to major, I was thinking I could always add a external return spring but before doing that would like to understand how the valve works to know what could go wrong...

2. I also found out that the 4wd was not working, I was told everything was in working order and being a noob I didn't check 4wd. I was able to quickly isolate it to the prop shaft and found that there is splined slip coupler at the trans output that connects the propshaft to the trans output. It slides so that you can install/remove the prop. The snap ring that is supposed to hold it in place had slid back allowing the coupling to disconnect from the trans. I was able to get it put back together but found that the snap ring groove was bad. It looks as though it was bad from the factory... So thinking about whats the best way to fix this? also wanted to see if anyone out there had a similar issue and how you fixed it? I was thinking a better way would be a roll pin inserted once the coupler is in the correct position, but since I assume that spline area is hardened not sure I would be able to drill it for a roll pin... Thoughts are greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Scott