Branson 2910i tractor dies while in use.

/ Branson 2910i tractor dies while in use.
It doesn’t vent from tank? So I replaced old rubber stopper with new one, so I tank would need replacing.

/ Branson 2910i tractor dies while in use. #12  
It doesn’t vent from tank? So I replaced old rubber stopper with new one, so I tank would need replacing.
Did the problem start after you put the new stopper in? Maybe try to run it with the stopper removed and see if it dies as a test.

I have used rubber stopper at lest 4years but it didn’t fit properly so maybe it wasn’t sealed, I started in August having problems, I changed fuel filter , and it would be ok then in September, while pulling up t-post that were on incline tractor suddenly died, I assumed it needed fuel, but that didn’t work, I talked brother told him what I thought was bad fuel shut off, we replaced shut off then there was no volts going to shut off, replaced all fuses and that seemed to solve problems, but then in January it started again. So it seems it all stems from fuel tank and rubber stopper.

Took stopper out and started tractor again it ran several minutes then died suddenly. I plan to get under tractor and replace fuel lines and check connections for clogging. After that if that doesn’t work, I guess have injectors checked. Is there a possibility of using another fuel tank maybe modify the way it’s supported say using metal straps? I drilled a small hole through stopper, I can see daylight through it.

/ Branson 2910i tractor dies while in use. #15  
I do not believe it will be injectors at all. Something is blocking fuel or a safety switch is turning the tractor off.

I hope injectors are ok. I will look in manuals find where safety switch is located. Thank you your help is appreciated.

/ Branson 2910i tractor dies while in use. #17  
Tractor shows all fuses good, fuel shutoff solenoid getting 12.2 v, new fuel filter, air filter, will idle and drive about 100 ft then die, I am wondering if fuel pump or injectors are bad?
Dead bug in the fuel pump would cause that. Ask me how I know.

Attachments

• IMG_0489.jpeg
    IMG_0489.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0490.jpeg
    IMG_0490.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
Maybe that’s what has happened, the engineer died.lol, sorry but I need to laugh helps me not to cuss problem, that I probably created.

/ Branson 2910i tractor dies while in use. #19  
True but she said that happened a few years ago so something has changed.
The fuel may have softened the rubber to the point that it now makes a complete seal of any air venting into the tank.
Similar problem on my old Jinma 284... the fuel screen on the inside of the tank had gotten so bad over 20yrs that it wasn't allowing enough fuel to flow quickly enough into the fuel filter. So it ran with the amount of fuel in the larger fuel filter I had added to the tractor, but then couldn't keep up with the flow. Replaced that screen with some stainless steel mesh, and has been working fine.

/ Branson 2910i tractor dies while in use. #20  
Try running the tractor with the tank "cap" removed, if that solves the problem drill a small hole in the plug to vent the tank.