3-Point Hitch Branson 3510i PTO problem

/ Branson 3510i PTO problem
After I put the coil on and the light didn't go on, I disconnected the coil and put test probes in the spade coil connectors. There was no current going to the coil.

When I played with the switch and the light came on, the coil was disconnected. I put the probes back in the coil connectors and the current was now registering on the meter. Put the connectors on the coil and we're working, again. It was the flaky switch that wasn't getting current to the coil.

I think you're seeing some of the same confusing issues I dealt with. The light on the dash can only come on when the pump is energized. That happens by the plunger being pushed in to allow oil flow which is what the coil does, it adds current to the shaft which pushes the valve inward. The light can only come on when the valve is pushed in and is part of the PTO safety so that it cannot be by-passed. Your valve may have been stuck in the in position and when freed would turn off the light. I changed my switch before changing the coil and no help. Would be interesting to see how long it continues to operate without replacing the switch. I have a known working switch I'll give you if the switch turns out to be bad. But leave the current switch installed to see if or when it fails.

/ Branson 3510i PTO problem #22  
Update: I've had the dash put back with only a couple of bolts for the past several days because I figured I'd be replacing that flaky PTO switch. I went ahead and ordered a 3-position switch off Ebay for $10 to replace it when it failed again.

Well, yesterday the PTO light failed to come on, again, and I was ready to cut off and replace the switch. I used an ohm meter to find the wire that should go hot to run the PTO (the center black wire on the switch is the power-in wire). The brown and white wire on the left is what sends the power to the PTO. I took a screw driver and shorted the black and the brown-white posts. The electricity cracked, the PTO light came on, the switch held, and I was back to my mowing. Since then the switch has worked perfectly. Somehow, it seems that shorting the switch somehow restored it's function. I have even felt so confident that it's a working switch now that I put the dash completely back together.

If a future owner having this problem finds this post, my recommendation is to first - make sure your PTO fuse is good. Second - check the PTO dash switch. Short the center black wire to the wire that sends power to the PTO coil. It will be the switch post where the switch is pointing. If the light doesn't come on when you short across the switch, it will be the coil. Pull the right rear wheel and replace the coil.

/ Branson 3510i PTO problem #23  
Update: ...

If a future owner having this problem finds this post, my recommendation is to first - make sure your PTO fuse is good. Second - check the PTO dash switch. Short the center black wire to the wire that sends power to the PTO coil. It will be the switch post where the switch is pointing. If the light doesn't come on when you short across the switch, it will be the coil. Pull the right rear wheel and replace the coil.

Thanks, psyched, for closing the loop on this. Too often, problems are discussed but the resolution never gets posted in the owner's relief to have it fixed.

/ Branson 3510i PTO problem #24  
Here's a parts break down that covers Branson 2910, 3510, 3820, 4220, 4720, 2910i, 3110i, 3510i, 3820i, 4220i, 4720i Not sure how long it will be available on the Internet so you may want to print it to a PDF file (it's 180 pages)
http://www.branson-global.com/service/1020 SERIES CHASSIS (061110).pdf

Thanks for the link. I've been having fuel sensor problems on my 3510i and haven't been able to really get the info I needed to attack it until I found your link to these parts breakdown drawings. Greatly appreciated!

/ Branson 3510i PTO problem #25  
Have been having problems with a Branson 3510 PTO that has baffled several highly experienced tractor users. The Tractor is 9 years old and have had it since day 1. Recently, the PTO started shutting off while mowing and after replacing the fuse seemed to work. Then it shut down again while mowing. This was intermittent at first then became very frequent. I wound up replacing the PTO switches (both front and rear) and thought it was fixed then it shut down again. I then inspected the fuse block and found minor corrosion on the terminals so I cut the leads and installed a separate fuse block for the PTO. Now everything electrical has been replaced. Trying to determine if there is a coil or some relay that could be causing the problem. The manual is not clear enough to trace all components. I did take it to a dealer and put it on a servo to test the mechanical components and everything mechanically seems fine. Anyone out there have any suggestions?
Hi were you able to get your pto to work? My pto does not work at all and I could use some help with trouble shooting. my email is ekrembritt@gmail.com

/ Branson 3510i PTO problem #26  
I have a 3510h Branson Tractor
I am looking for a service manual so I can trouble shoot the pto not working.
I also need to fix the hydrostatic pedals after you push the pedals fwd or bwrd and release the pedal the tractor does not stop. the tractor keeps creeping fwd or back-ward. the tractor has a new Damper and the camshaft is adjusted correctly on the outside of the case. the problem is the cam shaft needs to be tightened on the inside of the case and I need a schematic/manual how to get in to tighten cam shaft properly. ekrembritt@gmail.com can be used to send picks or manuals