Branson 3520R question

/ Branson 3520R question #11  
I was not expecting a favorable warranty claim there Mark, fuse box in back not sure about safety sensors and no didn't leave the pto on. Just weird how the hazard lights came on and now it won't start. Apparently no other person has had this happen so I will just have to bite the bullet and drop it off at the dealer. It is what it is

When you say it won't start, describe what happens when you put the key in the ignition, turn it to ON and the glow indicator comes on, and then the indicator goes out and you roll it on over to START.....clutch is depressed, PTO off, you are in the seat, shifter is in N............does it do anything, solenoid clicks or not, starter rolls or not, engine rolls but doesn't light, fuel valve opened (listen for the click when you turn to ON)........

/ Branson 3520R question
It does all of this until the start portion, it clicks or more like thumps. I really think that when I sprayed off the radiator screen I got something wet, just gotta figure it out.

Last edited:
   / Branson 3520R question #13  
Sounds like you got water in the electrics. Maybe that's why the hazard flashers came on. I'd start by checking the switch are behind the dash. There's also some electrics there. On mine there's a sealed computer on top of the battery in front of the radiator. It's the DPF monitoring computer. It's got a sealed connector but it could have been loose and gotten water in it. I don't know if yours has it. There's also an open OBD2 port there. It'll run with that computer unplugged- its just a data logger for the DPF- but shorts between the terminals might cause problems.

I blow my Branson's radiator out with an air gun on a compressor, from the engine side. (not too high a pressure or too close, don't want to bend the fins on the radiator). I remove the screen and blow it off too if it looks like it needs it. I've been having to do it after nearly every couple hour chipping session as the new chipper blows stuff into the air and it's been windy with variable direction. The tractor ends up covered in chips and dust. It only takes about 10 minutes to clean up the chipper, tractor and radiator. I learned on my Kubota B7100 to not neglect the radiator screen. I was chipping on a hot day and the tractor started making a loud whistling noise. Kubota put a whistle on the end of the overflow tube so you can tell the engine's overheating as there is no temp gauge. It's better to keep up on the radiator cleaning than to let it go and have more work to do when it's really dirty or clogged.

/ Branson 3520R question #14  
One thing that is frustrating about my Branson (and I assume most other Bransons) is how the exhaust shoots forward in toward the front of the tractor. This contributes significantly to the chaff that gets blown into the radiator. Particularly when your supposed to run them at a fairly higher than normal RPM. I would like to take it to a muffler shop and have it modified to blow another direction, but that is a hassle I haven't taken the time to address.

/ Branson 3520R question #15  
A slip on extension with a turn on the end, aimed to the side, might do. You can find them at hot rod/racing parts vendors like Jegs or Summit. It hasn't been a problem for me yet but mowing season just started and everything's still green.

/ Branson 3520R question #16  
Be careful how you add an extension to the end of the exhaust line, on some of the narrower tractors; 3510 for example, the front wheel will rub the exhaust line extension when making a sharp turn. Can break the exhaust line mounts if you are not careful. :2cents:
You have a real head scratcher glenster. Good luck finding the issue. W. Jones

/ Branson 3520R question #17  
Agree with the above and what got wet may be the clutch safety switch which could have gotten wet from what you said....requires the clutch in to start engine, then there is the shifter switch on my 2400 which has to be in N and then the seat switch and then the PTO off switch.