Branson 5520H - DPF and Regen Lights both blinking twice

/ Branson 5520H - DPF and Regen Lights both blinking twice #1  
Tractor
Branson 5520
Hi all,

We had a decent snow here last night, about 8 or 9 inches. Fired the tractor up today to plow and my DPF and Regen light both are blinking twice then delaying.

According to the manual this is a "Learning Error of the electric exhaust valve". It has scant information and just says it will continue to blink until it learns the exhaust valve.

Any idea what the effect of this is? I imagine it would lead to me not begin able to regen at some point. Getting very tired of this regen system.

/ Branson 5520H - DPF and Regen Lights both blinking twice #2  
You have the best Regen system available on any Tier 4 tractor. Branson did a poor job with providing information to owners for easy fixes to problems such as yours. Since TYM has absorbed the Branson line of tractors they have done a much better job. I'll also add if you are even slightly mechanical the DPF can be removed and washed clean with a simple garden hose. The DOC can be blown out with compressed air.
The document I have pasted should fix your problem.
1705427832311.png

/ Branson 5520H - DPF and Regen Lights both blinking twice #3  
If the info that Boswell shared doesn't work, it might be a good idea to check the plug and wires on the exhaust valve. It's not uncommon for brush to "attack" that area and create issues.

/ Branson 5520H - DPF and Regen Lights both blinking twice #4  
If the procedure Boswell shared did not correct your issue, I would start by simply checking the plug on the exhaust like ptsg stated,

then if its still blinking turn the tractor off, the go to the exhaust valve near the end of the exhaust pipe, unplug the connector on the back of the exhaust valve let it sit for about 2-3 min then plug it back in a cycle the power on( do not start the tractor), you should hear the valve actuate (open and close) this should reset the valve and let the data logger by the battery to "learn the valve",

if you do all of this and it is still giving you the double blinking lights, then we will have to have you repeat this process but instead of unplugging the exhaust valve you are going to unplug the data logger by the battery and let it sit for a few minutes the plug it back and and power the unit on ( again power only do not start the unit), this should reset the entire regen system and allow you to do a regen in necessary at that point.

if you do all of this and still are having the same issue, it will have to be reset in the programing, and that can only be done by a dealer equipped with the pc and software necessary to do so.

/ Branson 5520H - DPF and Regen Lights both blinking twice #5  
On an ECM controlled tractor… it would now be in limp mode and perform no work. You are lucky.

/ Branson 5520H - DPF and Regen Lights both blinking twice #6  
Of course there is always the "sawzall option"...

😇

/ Branson 5520H - DPF and Regen Lights both blinking twice
Of course there is always the "sawzall option"...

😇
This is almost where I am and how all of my friends have fixed their problems haha.

I'll give Boswell's reset procedure a try first though.

You have the best Regen system available on any Tier 4 tractor. Branson did a poor job with providing information to owners for easy fixes to problems such as yours. Since TYM has absorbed the Branson line of tractors they have done a much better job. I'll also add if you are even slightly mechanical the DPF can be removed and washed clean with a simple garden hose. The DOC can be blown out with compressed air.
View attachment 847034
Thanks for the info, will give this a shot at lunch.

The manual is scant on info regarding all this. Where did you find those DPF instructions?

View attachment 847034
Edit: Lights stopped blinking and were off for about 5 minutes after the rest procedure. They have since come back on again and are doing the same flashing.

Have unplugged connector at exhaust. I assume this is the connector in question. DPF is new to me, I usually work on old 350 and 305 chevy engines which don't have DPF.

Fortunately these tractors seem very simple

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    794.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited: