Branson and/or Mahindra

/ Branson and/or Mahindra #21  
I had a branson 3510, it was a great tractor! Very heavy for it's hp. I worked it hard and it treated me well. no complaints. I think I heard that branson bought mahindra. so you could get service and parts at the same place. I agree with previous statements though, find a dealer near by that's good.

Actually - Branson didn't buy Mahindra. Their parent company (Kukje) signed an agreement with Montana to provide them with compact tractors...

I have a 3510i, and I love it. It does everything I need.

As previously mentioned, Dealer support is very important.

/ Branson and/or Mahindra #22  
I'm in Newberg about a mile from VVT&E. I've been in and talked to them once guess I ought to head back in. Thanks for the input!

Hey what about this? It's at VVT&E:

Kioti LB1914 4x4 Tractor with KL102 Loader.
19hp, Three Cylinder Diesel Engine.
8 Speed Shuttle Shift Transmission.
Skid Steer Quick Attach Front Bucket.
Only 570 hours Special $6,000 Cash

I'm going to go by there Monday or Tuesday and check it out. Pics look pretty decent.

Search the Kioti forum for the 1914. I think you'll find out a lot by reading those posts. Good little tractor, if it's big enough for your purposes. Might want to post price in there to see what others think.

/ Branson and/or Mahindra #23  
How's about a McCormick ?
It looks like you get a lot for the money.

/ Branson and/or Mahindra #24  
Actually - Branson didn't buy Mahindra. Their parent company (Kukje) signed an agreement with Montana to provide them with compact tractors...

I have a 3510i, and I love it. It does everything I need.

As previously mentioned, Dealer support is very important.

I just looked id it up. Mahindra is 6.7 billion in revenues company. To put it in pespective JD is 23 billion company. In number of tractors produced Mahindra is number two behind Case. So if in doubt who will remain on the market stay with the big guys. Beside that new for this year 35 line of Mahindra tractors looks very sharp.
Farm tractors for Ag Farmers, Hobby Farmers - Sub Compact, Compact & Full Size 2WD & 4WD Utility Tractors

/ Branson and/or Mahindra #25  
I find that very interesting. I had never heard of Kioti until I started reading this forum a couple years ago. I am sure they are great tractors but I never seen one of their tractors or a dealership in my neck of the woods. Goes to show how regional tractors are.

I, too, have to agree that the only place I ever see the Kioti name is on TBN. I don't know, maybe eight or ten years ago a few Kioti (even their radio ads called the 'keeoti' tractors LOL!) dealers popped up in roadside yard barns and quickly went under. To this day I'd say you could ask people within a 50 mile radius of me if they ever heard of a Kioti tractor and I'd say that 90% would say no and assume it's one of those 'assemble it yourself' Chinese things. No knock on the actual tractor, but Kioti has zero name recognition in my area which would give it about the same resale value. Dealers literally won't take them on trade and suggest that the person try to just sell them outright and come back.

Mahindra, on the other hand, has always had name recognition around here. Heck, even back in the 60's when guys where building their Willy's Jeeps they were hunting down Mahindra & Mahindra parts. I'd also have to say that, at least in my area, Branson is just known as some place in MO that has some Vegas type of shows. I've never seen a Branson tractor around these parts.

/ Branson and/or Mahindra #26  
I'd also have to say that, at least in my area, Branson is just known as some place in MO that has some Vegas type of shows. I've never seen a Branson tractor around these parts.

Funny, If one were to read your profile they might mistakenly assume that you own one.:rolleyes:

Mark

/ Branson and/or Mahindra #27  
I've not seen a Branson or Kioti in the field ever. I have only ever seen 1 Mahindra in the field and it is my father in law's and its not really a Mahindra, just a rebadged Tong Yang Moolsan machine. It's been a good machine for him aside from some minor electrical issues that seem to plague the TYM made Mahindra machines.

/ Branson and/or Mahindra #28  
Right;
Kukje make Branson and they were previously imported also into the US by AmJawa under the "Century" logo.
At the same time, kinda Chevvy/Pontiac twins.

Kukje will be making Montana badged tractors "Soon".
It isn't clear WHICH shade of green they will use, hopefully they will not mix it with their supply of JD green (-:

If you add up the "Producing for" volume that Kukje put out they probably exceed Mahindra's.
I don't know how to figure NH's or JD's "production" when so much of both are bought in.
This gets a bit like Ford/GM volume claims; SURE the F150 outsells the Silverado, but not the COMBINED Chevvy and GM 1/2 tons.

but for an emblem here and a paint change there...

/ Branson and/or Mahindra #29  
Funny, If one were to read your profile they might mistakenly assume that you own one.:rolleyes:

Mark

Yeah, but everybody knows there are some red herrings mixed in. C'mon man, you know that those grade 2 bolts on my push mower wheels are only 2" long and not 2 1/2" long! And that washer, it's really only 7/8" in diameter. My bad, I thought some things were obvious. :rolleyes:

/ Branson and/or Mahindra #30  
Right;
If you add up the "Producing for" volume that Kukje put out they probably exceed Mahindra's.

Reg, worldwide I believe Mahindra sold 160K units last year, which I believe is more tractors than any other company. Previous years Mahindra sales were closer to 130K units, placing it second or third. Kukje isn't even close to that volume. Just a disclaimer, just because Mahindra sells a ton of tractors, more than any other individual brand in the world, it surely doesn't make them the largest by volume. As mentioned above, JD more than triples Mahindra in total $$ volume.

Kubota, NH and JD all outsell Mahindra handliy in the USA. They have sold here for years and have earned the sales and respect they have garnered.

Branson (Kukje) is really a nice tractor. I think the Montana agreement to purchase tractors from Kukje has stalled, and I question whether it will go forward. I think we will see some answers for that in the next few weeks or so. Then Montana and Branson can solidify their plans and get back to selling tractors.

Back to the original question...in the mid 20HP range, the Mitsubishi built Mahindra can't be beat. It will compare favorably with any brand. And with a 5 year warranty and 0% for 60 months at participating dealers, it's not hard to purchase.