Branson Injector Pump

/ Branson Injector Pump #1  

dpauly

Tractor
Branson 3120R
2011 Branson 3120R. Approx 1700 hrs. Having issues with reaching "PTO RPM's". Fuel filter is clean; lift pump (aftermarket) putting out 6+ p.s.i. Started having issues trying to get tractor to full power. Tractor actually "ran away" twice despite it being a non-turbo (wasn't familiar with this phenomenon when it happened. All I could think of to do was nudge it into a nearby tree to stall it when neither throttle nor key had any effect . . .) Only thing I haven't yet done is a cylinder compression check. Have disassembled, cleaned and then checked injectors (unseating at approx 2300 psi if I'm remembering correctly.) Inj. Pump is a Doosan (Doowan?) which I have come to learn is a Korean knock-off of a Zexel (Japanese) which is a licensed copy of a Bosch VE type pump. Have learned from speaking with shops specializing in rebuilding these pumps that tech data/specs for these Doosan/Doowan's are about impossible to find; thus, it's a shot in the dark for them to find parts, Test Bench specs, etc. Anyone had similar experiences, and what did you do to solve this problem (I'm aware I can buy a new one thru Branson but don't really want to fork out close to $2 grand until exhausting all other options.) Another thing that really frustrates me is there apparently is no set procedure for setting up the tractor's engine to remove the existing pump so that a replacement can be put back and all inside the engine will be in proper position. Youtube is full of vids for other brands of tractors/engines showing proper procedures for removing existing pumps. Not Branson - very hard to find much of anything for the DIY'er. This alone will probably keep me from buying another Branson. Thanks in advance for any help you might provide.

/ Branson Injector Pump #2  
One, if you would have posted this in the Branson forum you probably would get more responses. In that forum there is a link to the Service manuals for Branson tractors. There you can find the one for your tractor and download it. It will tell you the proper procedure to remove the pump. Here is a link to the thread that has manuals.

I am fairly confident that pump can be rebuilt by a qualified professional. I highly recommend a member on this forum. His handle is @thepumpguysc. Maybe send him a private message and see if he is willing to look at it for you.

/ Branson Injector Pump #4  
If the PumpGuy can't help there are a lot of Kukje/Cummins A series pumps out there on alibaba etc. The hard part would be finding one that matches yours but since you have the pump nameplate that might be easier.

/ Branson Injector Pump #5  
Unfortunately I’m swamped at the moment..& I don’t have the time to jump into a project that intensive..
I normally jump at a chance for a project like that but not at this time.. sorry..