Breakin in my new tractor..

/ Breakin in my new tractor.. #1  

jd2305cd

Silver Member
Breaking in my new tractor.. My first diesel tractor, i am sure my dealerl will give me some tips etc when I pick it up, but wanted to see what you all thought..

Low load but keep the rpms up?

Thanks
--Craig

/ Breakin in my new tractor.. #2  
I brought my tractor home and cut in a drive way and pulled a dozen 6" pine trees the first 3 hours. Never had a single issue with it and now have 575 hours in just over 5 years of use.

Chris

/ Breakin in my new tractor.. #3  
Actually, I'd expect the dealer to tell you to put it to work and that putting it under load will help instead of hurt it. But I'd vary the rpm occasionally for the first few hours.

/ Breakin in my new tractor.. #4  
I brought my tractor home and cut in a drive way and pulled a dozen 6" pine trees the first 3 hours. Never had a single issue with it and now have 575 hours in just over 5 years of use.

Chris

Likewise here. If there was some sort of RPM limit I was supposed to adhere to I guess I goofed. Started working her right off the truck.:D

Mark

/ Breakin in my new tractor.. #5  
Most manufacturers will say to vary the RPMs.
Dont exceed a certain RPM level for a given # of hours.
Change the oil at the first change interval which is much shorter than the normal interval.
All that said judt follow what the owners manual says and all should be well.

/ Breakin in my new tractor..
Just though i heard that diesels need the higher RPMs to set the rings... Plan on working her!