Breaking in my new toys... from Yeehaw! to Uh oh!

/ Breaking in my new toys... from Yeehaw! to Uh oh! #341  
I want to echo the other's comments about you hanging around. I have enjoyed your honesty, and openness very much, and losing you would be a loss for TBN for sure. You will bounce back, find another path to follow, and we all will be anxious to join you in what ever path you choose. When I got on the ship to Vietnam, I said "and this too shall pass", and so it did. Your situation will too.

/ Breaking in my new toys... from Yeehaw! to Uh oh! #342  
Your a good man having a hard time, Alot of us are. Keep smiling and hoping for a better day. It is easy to say, but not always easy to do, as I am learning, but this is not my home anyway. JC

/ Breaking in my new toys... from Yeehaw! to Uh oh! #343  
Your personality shines through your post and I have met a few people like you in my life. It appears that when your type was created you were given something a lot of others were not. The heart to keep going when others would quit. You will recover, your type does very well. You naturally laugh at yourself when others would be red faced and are embarrased. When you laugh at yourself others laugh with you and they connect with you. Don"t be a stranger around here cause a lot of us have connected with you and we are better for the experience.

/ Breaking in my new toys... from Yeehaw! to Uh oh!
...When I got on the ship to Vietnam...

First of all, thank you very much for your faithful service to our country during a very "un-popular" war. I have the utmost respect for our service men and women. I am greatful that most people seem to respect those fighting now, but am ashamed at how vets from your generation were treated. I never served in the military, I was too anxious to get to college and get out to start making money. I wish I'd gone in after high school. Anyway, thanks.

Secondly, it's funny you should mention that. About 2 weeks ago I was having a very tough day and enjoying a fantastic pity party. You know the kind where you really get in there and waller around in the muck that most of the time you created in the first place, when suddenly I was struck by a thought. I look back over the last 2 - 3 years and think where I was and where I am (financially that is) and what I've been through along the way with money and relationships and it can get pretty depressing. The thought that struck me was of all the young men in the early 40's (my Papaw to be specific) who packed up their lives and went to fight a war. Many never came home, all were scarred in one way or another. Many lost their wives for whatever reason. And I think about the "trials" that I have been through. Really puts things in perspective. Maybe if I'd been through what that generation went through I'd have a little more character to fall back on when I think I've got it bad. My generation (I'm 37) and those that have followed have it so easy there is little character to be found. Anyway, that changed my day for sure and made me leave the pity party before it really got good. I try not to complain and take it one day at a time. My wife put a quote on the refrigerator door that says, "Everything God wants me to have, He will give me." Kind of hard to complain when you look at it like that.

Thanks to everyone else for the really flattering words. Now I seriously regret that I haven't spent more time here these last few years. I know I'm a better person for the folks I've run across here. I will certainly be around to futher these friendships and make more in the years to come.

Perhaps I can start a new thread in another catagory, country living (in the city) or something like that. Trust me, where ever I go, there will be plenty for y'all to laugh about. I have a knack for breakin' stuff and getting in a predicament.

Spiveyman

/ Breaking in my new toys... from Yeehaw! to Uh oh! #345  
Great idea Spiveyman.... looking forward to your next thread:thumbsup: