Breaking the silence

/ Breaking the silence #31  
As they say, you're buying it, we're all buying it, so they will charge what people will pay. Once people stop buying it, they will lower the price. Pretty simple stuff.

Problem is, people aren't going to stop buying it. So the price will stay high. Oil companies will continue to profit. Buy their stock and profit, too. Pay yourself back each time you fill up. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Breaking the silence
Since my original post, prices have dropped significantly here. We're paying $1.88.9 for regular unleaded at the pump. Diesel is $2.49.9 (on-road) and my offroad diesel (in 500 gal minimum, delivered to the farm) is currently $2.35.9.

Still not cheap, but at least it's better than immediately after Katrina.

One local gas station filled his diesel tank the day before prices started down. He's stuck with 4000 gallons of $3.29 fuel. He's taken down his price sign, hoping to rope in a few unsuspecting customers.

With recent events, I AWAYS look at the pump price before starting to fill.

/ Breaking the silence #33  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Cheapest I ever remember was 29 cents a gallon back in the 60s. Least I ever paid was in the high 40 cent range in the mid 70s. )</font>
== ===== ======
Back in the fifties it was 20 to 25 cents.
I had a 1950 chevy back then. MY FIRST CAR. Most of the time it cost me 25 cents a gallon to gass it up.

I have a nice 1950 chevy I purchased back in the the 70s for old times sake and as a reminder of by gone days.
The first time I put gas in it it cost me 50 cents a gallon.

/ Breaking the silence #34  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have always believed the OPEC leaders were sitting around waiting for me to start driving so they could jack the price up.)</font>
===========
I saw the insurance companies do just that to me.
When I started driving I had to pay the higher teenage driver rates.
Couldn't wait to turn 21 and get the lower insurance rate.
Guess what ; By the time I turned 21 the insurance rates had gone up so much that at 21 I was paying a bunch more for insurance than i did when I was 17.

/ Breaking the silence #35  
I paid $2.299 for off road diesel last week, delivered