Breakthrough or snake oil?

/ Breakthrough or snake oil? #13  
Well this is a bit of a head scratcher. Most significant I think is their claim that the dimples create turbulence, which allows the combustion air to burn hotter closer to the metal. I understand that to mean that the turbulence is lowering the heat transfer coefficient between the air and the piston, so the air stays hotter and more of its thermal energy contributes to mechanical work rather than being lost into the piston. The trouble with that is that creating turbulence close to an air-solid interface is going to RAISE the heat transfer coefficient, not lower it. I smell a rat.

I've spent the last few years primarily doing computational fluid dynamics and heat transfer between air and solid surfaces.

On the other hand, such things are difficult to figure out just by looking at them. A scientific paper with data and an underlying theory could lay all this out in a way I'd be inclined to trust, but the advertising article linked doesn't do that. I'm going to rate this "funny, doesn't sound right, but not yet proven to be snake oil beyond a reasonable doubt".
"The trouble with that is that creating turbulence close to an air-solid interface is going to RAISE the heat transfer coefficient, not lower it."

However the ceramic material likely has a lower conduction heat transfer coefficient that keeps more heat in the combustion chamber.
Whether that results in the quoted improvements in specific engine performance remains to be seen. I'd like to see the numbers from the dyno.

/ Breakthrough or snake oil? #15  
Golf balls go further with dimples, why not engines ?
All the golf balls I have used always go off course to the left or right, never have seen the go farther part. Except farther off course. LOL

/ Breakthrough or snake oil? #17  
All the golf balls I have used always go off course to the left or right, never have seen the go farther part. Except farther off course. LOL

Might have something to do with the driver.

/ Breakthrough or snake oil? #19  
Back in the 60's I could drive a golf ball over 550 yards
on the golf course with no problem. One guy said my
form is wrong as I look like a wood chopper but I was
driving the golf ball more than twice the distance he was.
I had a real bad slice I could drive the ball about 250
yards then it would arc like somebody picked up the ball
and threw it up in the air off to the right and the guy in
charge of the gold course would give me a hand full of
quarters and take my large bucket of golf balls cause he
tore the ass end out of his pants climbing over the fence
to get all the golf balls that I sent over it. I have only played
one game of golf ;9 holes and had a score of 75 and quit.
Never played again and never went to a golf course.
The only thing that will spoil a good golf game is that little
round white thing!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone starting out setting up their solar system and can't affort
the $1400+ batteries the 6 volt 300+ amp hr batties will work just
fine also you can use the deep cycle car/marine batteries just
don't let the voltage go below 23 volts if using a 24 volt system

willy