Bridge 4's 2638 HST CAB B.S. and ?? Thread

/ Bridge 4's 2638 HST CAB B.S. and ?? Thread
The tractor probably holds 10 gallons or so of fluid. It changes a good amount as rams are moved etc. Adding a quart or so isn’t worth the effort. If it’s in the sight glass you are good.....it’s not over or under full. This isn’t like an engine or automatic transmission. The case serves as a big reservoir of fluid. This keeps the heat down and obviously allows you to run different hydraulic attachments. A little here or there doesn’t matter much.

That is good to know. The blower does have hydraulic chute and rotation so I wasn't sure how much that actually takes out of the reservoir though, and that's what is causing me to wonder a bit.

/ Bridge 4's 2638 HST CAB B.S. and ?? Thread #52  
Our equipment is a bit larger then yours but the ideas are the same.
We run a bit over full because of the hills.
You will not have a problem unless you overfill to the point that your axle seals or case vents are leaking fluid out.
My 8050 holds 15 gallons I run about 2-3 over,
the larger tractors which hold 50 gallons or so we tend to run at least 5 over.
Would much rather be abit over then have it suck any air while working on a slope.

Our equipment is a bit larger then yours but the ideas are the same.
We run a bit over full because of the hills.
You will not have a problem unless you overfill to the point that your axle seals or case vents are leaking fluid out.
My 8050 holds 15 gallons I run about 2-3 over,
the larger tractors which hold 50 gallons or so we tend to run at least 5 over.
Would much rather be abit over then have it suck any air while working on a slope.

Great to hear! I have a couple gallons extra, if that much won't make a big difference in an overfill, I'd rather be on the side of caution as well.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

/ Bridge 4's 2638 HST CAB B.S. and ?? Thread #54  
I have new 2638. Had rear tires filled, seem to be over filled, very hard, poor traction also, use fwd often on low slope grades. Problem with lift when using forks. Dealer working on it. Time will tell

I have new 2638. Had rear tires filled, seem to be over filled, very hard, poor traction also, use fwd often on low slope grades. Problem with lift when using forks. Dealer working on it. Time will tell

I found that the 2wd is useless on anything but flat ground. The tires filled made a decent difference, but if its at all slippery, you still better use FWD. How much fill did they use? The place that did mine filled to recommended amount by the beet juice guys and then filled tire pressure close to recommended as well.

So far I've been happy with it. Hope it works out for you, but 4wd most of the time might be your answer. I can't do much snowblowing or loading in 2wd either. The only other tip I would say is keep it in lower gears, medium and high don't have much oomph and I really only use when driving down the road.

/ Bridge 4's 2638 HST CAB B.S. and ?? Thread #56  
I have found that lowering rpms to idle and releiving hydraulic pressure on loader and three pt will let me shift ranges much easier. Smith550 sounds like you have to much air pessure in tires.

/ Bridge 4's 2638 HST CAB B.S. and ?? Thread #57  
Thanks on my 3016 used it 800+ hrs 90% in the woods. Kept in 4wd most of the time. Last summer it developed a click/stutter each quarter turn of front wheels dealer said $5000 to fix, traded to 2638. Having problem with relief valve I think. What is air pressure spec for 2019 2638 no cab with industrial tires. PS higher tractor hp does not equate to higher lift capacity I discovered the hard way.

Changed out the big fuel filter today, was easy and took about 10 minutes. Clamp fuel line, unplug bottom electronic clip, and screw off (was painted on and used oil filter tool to get it off). Make sure to keep the piece the clip connects too on the bottom, then put it in the new filter. Fill new one with fuel, screw on, clip electronic piece back on, unclip fuel line... Then I did a few pumps on the primer, didn't bleed it. Ran it for 5 minutes sounds good, no leaks.

My dealer sold me the Bosch replacement, didn't use the Mahindra one. This was the last of the 50 hour service pieces I hadn't done, I have about 70 hours on the tractor now. I don't know what a dirty filter would look like but this was sparkling clean on the inside when I took it off. Oh well, all services done and feel confident with the tractor for a good while now. Hit my zerks too. I am doing this about every 15-20 hours, when I remember, I think 10 would certainly be better if I remember.

I have two goodies on the way I am excited about

a 84 inch landscape rake and a 60 inch rotary cutter. Both LP models as I enjoyed my snowblower and push box this winter, and the dealer is easy to work with and will drop them both off for me.

Got my rotary cutter and landscape rake dropped off today. Played around with the rake a bit on our driveway, going to do a fair bit more of it with some parking and drive areas on our business tomorrow. I haven't used one of these since I was a kid and I'd have to ride the rake for weight as my brother drove the lawn mower.....:laughing:

dusty memories, between the 3pt and the cab, those days are long gone:thumbsup:

Rotary cutter will be put to use in the next week or so on some overgrown areas, I need to make sure theres oil in the gear box and everything is all set first.

Will post some pictures as I use them!

/ Bridge 4's 2638 HST CAB B.S. and ?? Thread #60  
awesome. i have pat's easy change on my 3pt. HUGE upgrade IMO since i have different implements of varying ages lol... probably going to do my first 50 hour service today after i till the garden...... haven't gotten or need to use the tractor much since i bought it!
i have a 7ft landscape rake and i like it for the most part. i also have hydraulic top link as well which IMO again is another must have!
enjoy your stuff!!! :p